Hello from miserable Lancashire

benbaron

Hello from miserable Lancashire

Post by benbaron »

Hi all,

New member from Lancashire - near Blackburn to be precise.

I used to be an avid grower of most things tropical but had lots of deaths and then kids arrived - currently have 3 x 8/9' trunked trackys (obviously add another 5' ish on for leaves) 2 female and 1 male - seed every year, and couple of phormiums, cordys, yukka and an ensete (living in doors now for the winter).

Currently looking to move house so am thinking about digging up the trackys and potting them up in preparation - anybody interested in digging up 3 to keep 1 of the trees? I would have thought you would need to be local ish though to have a good crack at them.

Speak soon

Ben
grub

Re: Hello from miserable Lancashire

Post by grub »

Welcome to the asylum Ben icon_thumleft
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Welcome.
Half Hardy

Post by Half Hardy »

Welcome, from wet and windy Cornwall.Trachycarpus dig offer,sounds like a fair deal,but your way too far from me.Best of luck with the transplant,if you do it.
pdid

Post by pdid »

Welcome another fellow North Westerner!

Thanks for the kind offer with the Trachycarpus but I think it will probably be a bit too big to drag across the county. If I think of a way I'll let you know icon_thumright
kata

Post by kata »

Hey, a lancastrian at last... :lol: :lol:

I lived in Blackburn, near my beloved Rovers, now in Wigan for my sins... :mrgreen:

My fans here know I miss my old bungalow with the double aspect lounge watching the acrobating birds.

Welcome Ben!!

icon_cheers icon_cheers
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Welcome, Ben icon_cheers

Wouldn't be so hard on Lancashire - it's a good place to grow the Trach :lol: If you and they move we'll be glad to keep track of them :mrgreen:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Welcome!! A lovely part of the country, and everywhere is dank and grey and wet at the moment, but at least we are mild with no frosts. icon_cheers
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Thanks guys,

Where has the guys posting from Higham gone?

Anyway - I'll pop some pics on soon as I get round to it - show you all what Im up against ;)

Cheers
Ben
greyhound

Post by greyhound »

Hi Bendaron

It was me .I havnt quite got the hang of posting and I managed to delete the post along with a few others when I tried to update my profile info

I live in Cheshire but often pop over the border into Lancashire as my parents live in Higham
Sounds like a good offer to help you dig up a couple of palms and get 1 free
K9's and exotic palms not a good combo K9's 5 :exotic palms 0
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

GREVILLE wrote:Welcome, Ben icon_cheers

Wouldn't be so hard on Lancashire - it's a good place to grow the Trach :lol: If you and they move we'll be glad to keep track of them :mrgreen:
Welcome. Ditto, it could be worse, you could live in Yorkshire. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: What time of year are you thinking of moveing them I my be able to give you a hand if it fitted in with work commitments. Especially for a free one. :D I have moved a few in my time, please feel free to PM me if you need advice. icon_thumright