Philodendron bipinnatifidium

Mark Pajak

Philodendron bipinnatifidium

Post by Mark Pajak »

Hello,

Does anyone know where to get a P.bipinnatifidium / selloum I have never seen them for sale but they are great. I saw them used as street plants in Barcelona and really want to find one . Does this site have a classifieds or swap show section?

P.s I got a Xanadu from ikea

Thanks,

Mark
fern Rob

Re: Philodendron bipinnatifidium

Post by fern Rob »

Welcome
Half Hardy

Post by Half Hardy »

Hi Mark,welcome to the forum icon_salut .There is a buy,sell,swap section but you have to wait a while before you can access it.I think the idea, is to stop spammers.It may also be,to encourage shy people to register on the forum :) .
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

As they can grow big and have a wide spread they aren't popular house plants but very tropical looking, if you can find one. Like all Philos, beware of the sap, I found out the hard way.
Steph

Post by Steph »

I bought an immature three leaf Philly in 1985, still have it and like said before they grow huge.
Its an impressive plant, nigh in impossible to kill but after all these years, its like part of the furniture.
Spends the summer outside and then does a tour inside, by spring its looking like it needs to be outside again.

Keep your eyes peeled in the houseplant section of whatever nursery / shed you happen to be in and you may get lucky.
Mark Pajak

Post by Mark Pajak »

I have decided to try some seeds
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Do they root easily?

I hear they're quite hardy, would be interesting to try one outside. If not out in the open then in my warm corner where I have brugs and monsteras, should be a breeze.