Alice4George

Post by Alice4George »

Hi, my name is Peter from Telford in England. I’m interested in growing exotic plants from seed and/or cuttings. I have recently moved into a new build house and so am looking for plants in pots. Thanks for reading. :D
chainsaw kid

Post by chainsaw kid »

Hi Peter, If you ever come this way on holiday let me know, I usually have a few bits and pieces knocking about. icon_thumright
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.
Chez2

Post by Chez2 »

Hello. Do you have a greenhouse? Are you an experienced gardener? People on here are friendly, ask away.
Alice4George

Post by Alice4George »

Not at the moment I don’t have a greenhouse just a new build house. I’ve been given some palms and a south facing garden. I do have some room in my house to grow stuff though. Sorry it’s taken me a long time to reply been away and new to all this. Was looking for a place to buy/swap seeds to get started initially.
tatter

Post by tatter »

Hello Peter and welcome to the forum .Will be interesting to see (we love photos) your new garden progresses .
Also as Chez2 asked are you an experienced gardener or novice this is an important point so we know at what level we need to answer any queries.
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Alice4George wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:59 am Not at the moment I don’t have a greenhouse just a new build house. I’ve been given some palms and a south facing garden. I do have some room in my house to grow stuff though. Sorry it’s taken me a long time to reply been away and new to all this. Was looking for a place to buy/swap seeds to get started initially.
You'll find quite a few buying and selling groups on Facebook which are very active.

Now is probably not the best time to get lots of things but hardy plants like bamboo, trachycarpus, fatsia etc can be planted out
And should establish well before winter arrives.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.