Greetings from Ireland

TheHiphopfarmer

Greetings from Ireland

Post by TheHiphopfarmer »

Hi all, congrats to all on a fantastic forum. I’ll spend the next few nights working my way through some of the threads on various plants and issues.

I’m a relatively new gardener and a fan of indoor and outdoor gardening.

I have a predominantly shady garden with heavy clay soil which I a trying to improve but by bit.

I have been growing dwarf hops and a wide variety of ferns and am now keen to add more foliage to compliment these.

I am waiting on an order of almost 40 rhizomes/plants from Himalayan gardens. These are a mixture of aroids, bananas and gingers.

I don’t have a green house but I have a south facing room with large windows which stays at a minimum of 20c. I hope to get the new plants established here before I plant out or move outside in pots by May.

I’m hoping for a summer of learning and hopefully have a few successes. Hopefullly I can benefit from the experience of some of you more experienced folks

Regards
Eoin
grahamfx

Greetings from Ireland

Post by grahamfx »

Welcome to the forum :)
tatter

Greetings from Ireland

Post by tatter »

welcome to the forum Eoin .Plenty of knowledge on this forum just ask away there will always be someone with an answer.
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow
GREVILLEAJ

Greetings from Ireland

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Welcome to HTUK, Eoin.

Himalayan Gardens always have an amazing array of foliage plants that are eas to start in Spring. Storing for winter is a challenge.
Chez2

Greetings from Ireland

Post by Chez2 »

Hello. Don't forget to set something up outside to harden your plants off. It will be a temperature shock and the leaves will get burnt if you move them straight outside in May. I spent a month hardening mine off last year in a cold frame but the freak early spell still burnt some of my plants. The leaves weren't used to such strong sunlight having been indoors over winter.

It will get busier on here soon when people start getting gardening again.
TheHiphopfarmer

Greetings from Ireland

Post by TheHiphopfarmer »

Thanks for the welcome all. I plan to start the plants off inside as I mentioned but the move them onto a glass fronted balcony which is a suntrap. I have a cold frame up there so that will be my inbetweeny phase.

I may even put some out during the day and take them back in at night.

Sure we’ll see how it goes !
chainsaw kid

Greetings from Ireland

Post by chainsaw kid »

Welcome, I hope your garden goes to plan. Keep us informed. icon_thumright

Regards Jason.
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.