Checking

Zanty44

Checking

Post by Zanty44 »

Hello I have already introduced myself to the forum but wanted to check if this site is for me. As I have said in my introduction my main growing interests are zantedeschia/calla, agapanthus, erythroniums, crocosmia, fritillaria, and mainly South African bulbs and plants. I have had a look through the forums but have not found any mention of these plants and bulbs by members so I assume that members do not grow or have interest in any of these type of plants and bulbs, I would be interested to know if this is so. :?: Many thanks.
GREVILLEAJ

Checking

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

You make a good point, Zanty.

There has been only minimal mention of some of these exotic bulbs. Agapanthus, Calla and Zantedeschia have been featured many times but four years of postings were lost in a site crash last year so maybe it's time to put in new threads on the subject. Perhaps you can give us the benefit of your own experience with these and maybe link some examples from other sources.

Agapanthus and Zantedeschia were part of my original forays into exotics more than thirty years ago.
Chez2

Checking

Post by Chez2 »

GREVILLEAJ wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:17 pm You make a good point, Zanty.

There has been only minimal mention of some of these exotic bulbs. Agapanthus, Calla and Zantedeschia have been featured many times but four years of postings were lost in a site crash last year so maybe it's time to put in new threads on the subject. Perhaps you can give us the benefit of your own experience with these and maybe link some examples from other sources.

Agapanthus and Zantedeschia were part of my original forays into exotics more than thirty years ago.
You beat me to it. A lot has been wiped out.

Most of these have been mentioned but as they are easier than other tropical plants people don't ask for advice as much. Some have been mentioned many times when new growers as which common or reasonably hardy plants can create the tropical effect. I had to look the last plant up. I probably tired that or something similar but the name didn't ring a bell with me. I have agapanthus in my arid / med style garden not tropical style. I like a lot of structural foliage with a few flowers.