Hi, from Hertfordshire

Grassy

Hi, from Hertfordshire

Post by Grassy »

Hi,From Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire.I have a great interest in anything structural and tropical in the garden.Moved house about a year ago with a small garden that allows me to put my stamp on it.Completly stripped it and starting from scratch.Big fan of Tree ferns (four so far) Just ordered two Mexican grass trees I’ve no experience with these.So any help on these would be much appreciated.
Cheers Dave.
grahamfx

Hi, from Hertfordshire

Post by grahamfx »

Welcome !! Can't help you with the Mexican grass trees but sure someone will be able to !!
tatter

Hi, from Hertfordshire

Post by tatter »

Welcome Dave i cant help with the Mexican Grass either sorry!.What size are your tree ferns ?
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow
Grassy

Hi, from Hertfordshire

Post by Grassy »

tatter wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:13 pm Welcome Dave i cant help with the Mexican Grass either sorry!.What size are your tree ferns ?
Thks for the welcome.My treeferns are 4ft,3ft,and two 2fts.
GREVILLEAJ

Hi, from Hertfordshire

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Hello Dave. Welcome to HTUK. icon_cheers

Mexican grass trees or Dasylirion are fantastic feature plants but you need to part with a small fortune to get one with a sizeable trunk; they are so slow. Having said that, a young plant without a trunk is still a stunner, especially floodlit at night icon_thumleft
Grassy

Hi, from Hertfordshire

Post by Grassy »

GREVILLEAJ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:56 pm Hello Dave. Welcome to HTUK. icon_cheers

Mexican grass trees or Dasylirion are fantastic feature plants but you need to part with a small fortune to get one with a sizeable trunk; they are so slow. Having said that, a young plant without a trunk is still a stunner, especially floodlit at night icon_thumleft
Thks for the welcome.I’ve managed to get a pair with trunks (for pots) for a sensible price.I’am a bit new to these but it will be interesting to see how they go.
GREVILLEAJ

Hi, from Hertfordshire

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Well done on your acquisitions, Dave.

Some pics would be good.including your tree ferns. (Think you need a minimum of ten posts before you can upload images)
Grassy

Hi, from Hertfordshire

Post by Grassy »

Will do (only 6 posts to go). 😁
tatter

Hi, from Hertfordshire

Post by tatter »

Grassy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:18 pm Will do (only 6 posts to go). 😁
Just post on any topic including the weather you will soon get to 10
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow
Chez2

Hi, from Hertfordshire

Post by Chez2 »

Hello. We put a lot of mexican plants in last August / September. Too early to tell how they will do.