Introducing my garden, from Poole, Dorset

Katej

Post by Katej »

Hi everyone,

Really please to have found this group for more inspiration and advice.

Some let me introduce my garden....
I currently have a few trachys - fortunei and a Waggie.

My Yuccas include: Rostrata, Rigida, Filifera, gloriosa variegated, aliofolia purpupea plus several cordylines.
Then there’s the the cycas revolutas, tree ferns (Antarctica’s), Musa Basjoo, Stelitzia Reginae which is just coming in to flower ❤️

I’ve now got a got sized collection of Agaves which I completely love, lots of Aeoniums and over 300 succulents (mainly Echeverias).

I am lucky enough to have a heated greenhouse so can keep my bougenvillias and tropical hibiscus, Canna and calla lillies in there with the succulents.

Those are my main loves, oh yes and the Acers! But I’m always on the look out and love adding anything new and exciting to my collection.

Anyway look forward to chatting with you all.

Kate 😊

(Couple a pics of some of my agaves and section of garden attached, so you don’t think I’m a complete imposter 😉)
Attachments
3725D4BB-00E5-416A-BB9C-1A3A023BF960.jpeg
6ED73BFD-EC2D-4D5D-938C-E69578559D19.jpeg
grahamfx

Post by grahamfx »

Welcome Kate, think you can probably give us inspiration and advice judging by the photos and the plant list !!
Katej

Post by Katej »

That’s very kind, thanks! But there’s always something to learn no matter how new or experienced you are. I know I’ve still got a lot to learn!
tatter

Post by tatter »

Welcome Kate looks a well stocked garden already .Like the Victoria reginae looks in excellent conditiom.
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow
Josh

Post by Josh »

Hello Kate, it is a small world I have just seen your comment in my introduction, I also live in Parkstone. Your garden looks amazing. I am looking at getting a Strelizia Reginae but put off not knowing if they would survive the winter, any advice?
Chez2

Post by Chez2 »

Hello. With the exception of the acers you have similar plant tastes to me but your garden looks completes different! Its so neat and tidy and your dog perched on the end of the sofa looks like its posing for the camera.
GREVILLEAJ

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Welcome Kate icon_cheers

Looks you know how to keep beautiful animals as well as a beautiful garden icon_thumright
shanks60

Post by shanks60 »

looks a lovely well maintained and peaceful garden, welcome
simpleton2

Post by simpleton2 »

Katej wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:43 pm Hi Josh! I’m a new member (just introduced myself a moment ago) I thought I’d just say hi because I live in Parkstone, so really nice to find someone so local.

If you’ve not been already, I would really recommend visiting Michelle and Palms-Exotics, Romsey, and also Crawford Ferns at Spetisbury, they both offer very good advice and the quality is very good.

Also FYI, Canford Manga had a huge delivery, truckloads of plants from Spain the other days. Great variety, everything from Cycas Revolutas to Acers which are really well priced. Except the tree ferns, those made my eyes water!
Hi Kate,

I've copied this from another thread as I wanted to ask you about the Canford Magna garden centre. I live in France but am originally from the Bmth/Poole area and go back there quite often to visit family - I normally stay in Branksome. The year before last I popped into the Canford Magna centre as I was passing and it seemed like it was closing. This was autumn (so a quiet time) but there was little stock and it looked very run down. Do you know if its changed hands or something ? If so, I'll pop in next time I'm over - it'll make a change from Haskins and Stewart's !

Lovely garden by the way.