New member greetings

MusaBajoo47B

New member greetings

Post by MusaBajoo47B »

Hi everybody, I am Bryan from Telford,

I am a keen grower of tropical plants and have been growing various plants for the past twenty or so years in Telford Shropshire. Not exactly a warm spot in the country presenting challenges for my more tender bananas etc.
My pride and joy plant is a T. Fortuneii which has a trunk about nine or ten feet tall and overall is about twelve feet tall.
I have recently purchased more palms (from My Palm Shop) which I have in a cold greenhouse for the winter.
I have over the last couple of decades grown the giant bird of paradise and Musa hookerii ( sikkimensis) from seed with success. My Ensete murellii is in a cold conservatory for its third year to keep it ticking over.
I have the usual cannas, cordylines in various colours, kniphofia northia, Arundo Donax both green and variegated, fig tree miscanthus giganteous amongst others.

I am looking forward to contributing to the forum as I have been visiting the site for the last couple of years and thought it's time I put something back into the group.
Members are welcome to visit our south facing garden there may be one or two cuttings I can swap from one of my three cold frames which are currently full.

Regards all
Bryan
GREVILLEAJ

New member greetings

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

A big welcome to HTUK, Bryan icon_cheers A newbie on site but a lot of experience to share. Looking forward to your posts icon_thumleft
Chez2

New member greetings

Post by Chez2 »

Hello.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

New member greetings

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Bryan, and welcome to HTUK. Although I'm down in The Thames Estuary, I have been near your neck of the woods in the past. I used to do training courses at Haughton Hall at Shifnal. Lovely part of the country.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
karl66

New member greetings

Post by karl66 »

Welcome bryan.
MusaBajoo47B

New member greetings

Post by MusaBajoo47B »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, your invited to pop in for a coffee and chat whenever you are in the area.

Best regards
Bryan