Paul introduces himself

PMcP82

Paul introduces himself

Post by PMcP82 »

Hello everyone,

I'm Paul from Glasgow, although I'm in Russia right now. I've registered an account on this forum as I'll soon be moving back to Scotland, and I'd like to grow some nice tropical plants to make a surprise for my wife who's from Nicaragua; she's stressed about the big move, so if I could give her a little bit of home, I'd be quite happy, especially since she used to do a lot of gardening in her childhood.

Thank you in advance for your help from a complete beginner in that field!
GREVILLEAJ

Paul introduces himself

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Welcome to HTUK, Paul icon_cheers

You have given yourself a tall order to grow plants from Nicaragua in Scotland :lol: However you can certainly create an illusion with lookalike plants that would qualify as worthy substitutes.

Why not start a separate thread on the subject on how you want to go about it requesting some ideas. In over forty years of landscaping projects if the client had a connection with some warmer climes I would often use my experience of exotic plants to include a feature that would botanically reflect their origins. Be glad to chip in as I'm sure would other HTUK members

You can also Google some native plants from Nicaragua that might make good houseplants icon_thumright
Chez2

Paul introduces himself

Post by Chez2 »

Hello Paul, good luck with the move. When will you be in your new home in Scotland?
PMcP82

Paul introduces himself

Post by PMcP82 »

Thanks for your message! I will have a small greenhouse at my disposition there, so I hope there I still have a chance to grow something tropical. If it isn't possible at all, then I will look for some decent lookalikes!
chainsaw kid

Paul introduces himself

Post by chainsaw kid »

drunken_smilie1 icon_cheers Happy New Year Paul,

Why on earth would you want to move to Scotland? It rains all the time and the Scots keep bleating on about independence!!!!!! Its a bit like were I live but we have much less rain. drunken_smilie1 icon_blackeye icon_cheers
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.