Hello from Oxford

Thomas

Hello from Oxford

Post by Thomas »

Hello,

Quick intro: Got into exotic plants about 12 years ago, and initially growing a few hardy orchids (Cyprepedium, Pleione), then moved to some ferns (Blechnum, woodwardia, osmunda, lophosoria ... lost Pteris wallachiana this year after growing it 9 years), but got a bit nuts with bamboos (over 20 varieties). Recently added Araliaceae (Schefflera, Brassaiopsis, Tetrapanax). In between all this some Asian trees. Also have a small Orchard and try to how some borderline fruit (well, they are trying to grow). Added a pond last year, this year a fence and some terraced plant beds are planned but let’s see how far we get with this.

BR, Thomas
chainsaw kid

Hello from Oxford

Post by chainsaw kid »

Hi Thomas, welcome. It looks as if you are doing ok without us! :lol: Get some nice Koi in your pond. icon_thumright
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.
Thomas

Hello from Oxford

Post by Thomas »

Actually, I was thinking about Koi and got advice BUT as you may know, they like plants too, are looking for any excuse to die if water quality is borderline and living near the Thames we have herons, mink and cormorants. It all got kicked off by my daughter winning a feeder fish at a fair. Was an excellent excuse for a project :-)
GREVILLEAJ

Hello from Oxford

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Welcome to the forum, Thomas icon_cheers

Where have you been hiding these last twelve years??

Never mind! You've joined. Therefore, you are forgiven :lol:
Thomas

Hello from Oxford

Post by Thomas »

:-) ... I am probably one of the very few oddballs who works in the Hightech industry but avoids social media. And being glued to screens all day as part of my job. I very much prefer being outside ... but decided to crawl a bit out of the shadows and better myself!