Welcome to new members

Laury

Post by Laury »

A big hello to friends new and old.

I've been 5 years in establishing my exotic garden in south devon and am just about to start all over again in Spain.

Laury
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi, Barrie, Melissa, Laury... hope I've not missed anyone. Welcome to HTuk 8)

Perhaps start some threads with pics of your gardens. :wink:

Laury, how's the Spanish garden coming along? The last I saw it was a big field with lots of work ahead... any updates. :?:

Palmking, Playa de las Americas is my normal haunt. It is the best place for diversity of seed, and you know its fresh. I've always found that taking a picture of the parent Palm or plant, adds so much interest when selling or swapping seed or plants :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by ColinB »

Hi everyone, nice to see some familiar names over here.
Gaz - Thanks for the link :)

ColinB (Colin Burgess)
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Hi Melissa and everyone, welcome :)
palmking

Post by palmking »

Dave Brown wrote:Palmking, Playa de las Americas is my normal haunt. It is the best place for diversity of seed, and you know its fresh. I've always found that taking a picture of the parent Palm or plant, adds so much interest when selling or swapping seed or plants :wink:
It helps for many reasons, true- having taken 5 years to correctly identify a 1/2 dozen Syagrus Amara seedlings from Gran Canaria(Puerto Rico). I will definitely be doing that this time!!!
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

Hi everyone :D
Regards
AndyC (UKO atropica)
Richard

Post by Richard »

Firstly, a big hello to you all! HTUK has steadily grown into a real gem, thankyou and well done Dave.

Nice Washie by the way Dave, does he/she receive any form of protection over winter?
Laury

Post by Laury »

Laury, how's the Spanish garden coming along? The last I saw it was a big field with lots of work ahead... any updates.
It's still a field. :lol: :oops:
The house is being reformed so we can't spend any time out there yet.
It should be finished soon and then we have to wait for the pool to be dug in before I sort out what and where.
I was planning on a selection of bananas around the pool area as they are less likely to drop leaves and flowers in the water and should give some good shade. 8)
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Dave, we have a gallery on the garden on Webshots, which we hope to update soon, when we do I'll post a link. We haven't updated since last year, been to busy changing it around, the garden not webshots.

Melissa
Don

Post by Don »

Hello Melissa-it's about time we had a bit of class in here. Can you suggest anyone :)
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

Hi Don, no I can't think of anyone.

Melissa
Libby

Post by Libby »

I see things are changing fast on here.
I'm fairly new to tropical plants, hopeless with the latin names (but working on it), been a mmeber here a little while now and planning on covering the whole garden with them,tropicals that is!!! just don't tell hubby :lol: :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Libby, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you got your greenhouse sorted, just in the nick of time. Have you filled it yet :?:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Ali K »

A big hello to everyone!
Regards
Ali
grub

Post by grub »

hi ali, welcome, have fun. :)