new memebr need advice Asap

birdman99

new memebr need advice Asap

Post by birdman99 »

Hello people,

I have joined up this site in hope of meeting some new friends and also keeping my new plants in the best tip top condition,
The other day i was lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it to find a three foot date palm tree in the yard of B & Q going for cheap,however this plant has brown sagging lower leaves that are brown crisp colour and a crown that is also brown,the other leaves are partly green but also turning brown the leaves have tiny white marks on them that rub of when you rub hard enough,I got the plant home and noticed that the soil was bone dry,i got a 25 gallon tub and transfered it into this bigger pot, i then slowly driped water onto the plant for a good few hours,I then the next day gave it a good feed with some standard plant fertilizer. Today i started cutting the dead branches whilst pruning i pulled out from the top one of the lose stalks to find that in the part that had been deep in the trunk was wet damp,white,dusty but more importantly it had a small insect bug type thing that was white/grey in colour i could only find one and i kept it to study in a jar,i dont have a clue what is going on with this plant all i know is that i want to save it and get it back to its former glory which im sure it was untill it found its way to B and Q.
PLEASE ADVICE. Thanks