Hello

fieldfest

Hello

Post by fieldfest »

hello, new here.

i dont have much of a garden to speak of as I levelled front and back last year. planning a tropical front garden for this year. my dad has a great tropical garden so i will be stealing plants from him left right and centre.

got a few banana plants and a couple of palms other than that its a bare border as per pic

first attempt at a border was a mess last year as i didnt know what i was doing at all, hopefully will improve this year...
Attachments
2009 attempt at front border
2009 attempt at front border
current state of play (musa basjoo under bin)
current state of play (musa basjoo under bin)
spring 2009 after levelling garden (removed 20 6ft deep leylandii and replaced topsoil)
spring 2009 after levelling garden (removed 20 6ft deep leylandii and replaced topsoil)
Back Garden (demolished wall, planted 30 trees, 6 tonnes of topsoil +decking) was a busy period!!
Back Garden (demolished wall, planted 30 trees, 6 tonnes of topsoil +decking) was a busy period!!
back garden 2007 when we moved in
back garden 2007 when we moved in
flounder

Re: Hello

Post by flounder »

hi and welcome. friendly lot here, you'll learn a lot from them.....especially how to cultivate an alternate sense of humour :roll: theres nothing wrong with stealing plants from relatives either, my nephew does it to me all the time! icon_fish
kata

Post by kata »

Welcome

Garden looks like its coming along nicely.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

hi fieldfest,nice patch to think about for a while. the raised area behind the house looks ideal for an arid bed icon_thumleft
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

Hi and welcome! Youve done a great job on the back garden so far, keep adding plants and it will look amazing! :D
Nick

Post by Nick »

Welcome, you do know there is NO Return from this hobby your starting, your be a blubbering wreck before to long, be prepared to remortgage the house :lol: :lol: it's good to have someone from the IOW

icon_sunny icon_sunny
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome aboard Fieldfest icon_thumright