A Post Card From Bali Hyatt, Bali

Nick

A Post Card From Bali Hyatt, Bali

Post by Nick »

Well good morning everyone.
After a very long tyering flight we made it here safely. Todays weather is very warm at 08:06am here 12:00 back in the uk.
The hotel is wonderful, last nights dinner was delightfull, the gardens are what we all would like back home, the sea is cool at the moment but hope it will warm up during the heat of the day, the bed was so welcoming after nearly 32hrs sitting down on planes and taxi's. I thought I would send this now as the internet is very dear here at 1 pound per min usage. we will have loads of photos when we get back home, so from me here in Bali I wish you all a fond fairwell.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
PS I'll send some of this sun and warmth your way. :lol: :lol:
kentgardener

Re: A Post Card From Bali Hyatt, Bali

Post by kentgardener »

I'm not jealous, no... not at all..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Only 7 weeks until I get a week in the sun. 8)
Jo A P

Post by Jo A P »

I can't imagine a holiday like that! I think the being waited on hand & foot at the hotel is a dream.
Don't fancy the flight tho!
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Glad you survived the flight Nick :D Hotel looks fanbloomintastic, enjoy every minute.
Can't wait to see photo's.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

At a £ per minute I don't suppose you will read this until your return, but wishing you a great holiday icon_thumright :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

hi nick,bet youre back on before coming home :lol: .glad you are there safe n sound and hope you have forgotten your tooth already icon_thumleft
that was a very long journey,you must be tired out.how was singapore?
cheers,darren and deb icon_cheers
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
weve

Post by weve »

happy hols Nick!!! Bali plant photos........can't wait!
best
weve
Linden

Post by Linden »

Have a fantastic holiday Nick and Mrs. Nick... - I KNOW you'll go online even though it's expensive to catch up with us lot here in the chilly UK. Hope the cats aren't missing you too much - probably playing hell while you're away!
Enjoy, and look forward to seeing you at the Living Rainforest (you'll still have a tan you lucky devil) - please don't wear the grass skirt though, I've got a weak heart! :lol:
derrick

Post by derrick »

Nick Can you bring me back the weather and a reticulated python.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Hi Nick & Gwynne!

The island of Bali was on TV the other night and I was surprised to hear that it is so small at only 80miles x 30miles!
Looking forward to hearing all about it at LRF, so be sure to bring Gwynne with you!

Have a lovely time! Meanwhile, we are waiting for our 'wish you were here' postcard!

Cathy & Brian x
marie06

Post by marie06 »

Hi Nick,

We were in Bali 4 years ago, and Lombok last year (My husband is from Jakarta). At one point we intended to move there. If you get chance, hire a car and driver for a day, (we paid about 300,000 rupiahs but you may have to barter) and go to Gigi waterfall. I think there are 2 parts to it, as my son went to a lower one that us and from what he said, the higher one was better. I know you love tropical plants, and this is Bali au natural. The scenery round there is stunning. It's a bit of a trek from the car to the falls, but it's worth it. There's a pool at the bottom of the falls you can swim in, and the setting is just tropical beauty. For me this was the best part of Bali, and we were the only ones there. A young lad met us at the car and offered to guide us. We had a brilliant time, and he was happy with a couple of quid at the end.

Is the Hyatt in Nusa Dua?

E2A: Br careful if you fancy trying Arak (the local tipple). Some of it fermented locally, and it's deadly - literally. But from the hotel bar I would think would be OK, but expensive. Have a great time, you lucky so and so. icon_colors
Nick

Post by Nick »

Sorry no time to read what's been written so far,7 Min's costs 7pounds, but we are in 35 acres of tropical gardens and water gardens, sorry need gov permishon to bring home seeds so I will not be able to bring none home with us sadly, over and out for now.
got really burnt yesterday under a beach brolly, ouch..

icon_sunny icon_sunny Nick icon_sunny icon_sunny
ElTel

Post by ElTel »

hope u and mrs nick having a gret time :D :D
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

If you get the chance you should pay a visit to the Komdo Islands. Its not that far from Bali. And to see komododragons in the wild must be awesome! And a welcome relieve from the many tourist on Bali...

Alexander
marie06

Post by marie06 »

Alexander - It might not look like it on a map, but Komodo is a fair trot from Bali, plus I think he would have problems arranging safe transport without getting royally ripped off.

And a pound a minure for internet is a total rip off, considering skilled workmen (brickies etc.) only earn about £3 a day. Hotel staff will be on something like £30 a month. If that's what they are charging in the Hyatt, Nick should go to Kuta where there are plenty of internet cafe's which are much cheaper. Some good bars there too