I bought a 2nd one!!!!!!!!

Libby

Post by Libby »

I'm glad to see its not just me :lol: What you been buying then?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Steve,

Did the Maurelii suffer from the strangles? If not, that is another selling point, as they will not have the defective gene, so will be more valuable 8)
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by SteveW »

The Maurelli didn't strangle as such.Although it did start growing very badly,but that was down to me planting out too early :roll:
And slugs got down the stem to the growing point,which I found when cutting the plant back.
My other one strangled too,but that rotted.Which I think started last year,as thats when it produced a pup.Thats now growing well.I have noticed that there seems to be two forms of Maurelli,one forms its leaves almost on top of the last,quite chunky.The other grows with longer stems on the leaves,thus giving it a slightly slender appearance with space between the leaves.Hope that makes sense?If not I'll go take some pics of my two to illustrate what I mean.If I get a chance :wink:
As to what I've been buying,well...
Musa Ice Cream,Laterita,Velutina a very nice Dwarf Cavendish(again with extended leaf stems,so giving it a nice slender form to it as opposed to the usual chunkier appearance)a Dypsis?Bidding on a couple of things on ebay and ordered a Variegated Raja puri :D
I think thats all?
Steve
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I forgot about the Basjoo Rubra :roll:
and Aloe ferox
probably more aswell,guess I'm lucky I've got an understanding wife :lol:
Libby

Post by Libby »

Likewise I have an understanding husband with a sturdy gold credit card!!!