Members email addresses

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Members email addresses

Post by Dave Brown »

Following my mass email of a Merry Christmas to all members. Quite a few have bounced back as undeliverable. Those members who have not posted will have the account de-activated as membership is conditional on a valid email address. :roll:

Others who are active members have also bounced back as undeliverable. OK, I'm not about to de-activate your account.... but, if you have a password problem, we email a new password to the address supplied. If that is not deliverable we cannot send you a password :ahhh!:

I urge all members to check and ensure the email address is valid, if not it can be changed using the registration area. icon_thumright
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: Members email addresses

Post by jezza »

I got my email dave icon_thumleft
mixiepalms

Post by mixiepalms »

Dave Brown wrote:Following my mass email of a Merry Christmas to all members. Quite a few have bounced back as undeliverable. Those members who have not posted will have the account de-activated as membership is conditional on a valid email address. :roll:

Others who are active members have also bounced back as undeliverable. OK, I'm not about to de-activate your account.... but, if you have a password problem, we email a new password to the address supplied. If that is not deliverable we cannot send you a password :ahhh!:

I urge all members to check and ensure the email address is valid, if not it can be changed using the registration area. icon_thumright

Ive been having lots of problems with virgin and my email adress dave, since they want us all to have virgin email. Im stickign to my guns, but they have changed the smtp and pop3. No idea how to sort it, im pc thick lol.

how do i put a new email addy on here?

Mix
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

User Control Panel -> Edit Account Settings Mixie :)

My email address is the one that I use, but I do not seem to recall receiving a Christmas email from you Dave icon_scratch
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

Hi Mixie

I know of the virgin media problems, my account doesn't seem to have problems but dad's does. You can't change your e-mail address through the method Adam has given as it has been disabled (although that is how you would do it on another phpBB forum). It can be changed throught the register area. the link you need is http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/registe ... eemail.php.

Aidan
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

mixiepalms wrote: Ive been having lots of problems with virgin and my email adress dave, since they want us all to have virgin email. Im stickign to my guns, but they have changed the smtp and pop3. No idea how to sort it, im pc thick lol.

how do i put a new email addy on here?

Mix
I have the same problem with Blueyonder email. They have transfered them to Google mail, but as you say the smtp and pop3 are screwed. I could not access email even using webmail last night. They made a lot of changes last week, and that was why I could nor access HT on saturday. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by mixiepalms »

wouldve been nice to be told tho wouldnt it?
mixiepalms

Post by mixiepalms »

aidothedado wrote:Hi Mixie

I know of the virgin media problems, my account doesn't seem to have problems but dad's does. You can't change your e-mail address through the method Adam has given as it has been disabled (although that is how you would do it on another phpBB forum). It can be changed throught the register area. the link you need is http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/registe ... eemail.php.

Aidan

Aidan it wont recognise my password mate,
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Nick

Post by Nick »

Adam D wrote:User Control Panel -> Edit Account Settings Mixie :)

My email address is the one that I use, but I do not seem to recall receiving a Christmas email from you Dave icon_scratch
Dave I am with Adam, I did not get your e-mail at Christmas but my e-mail is the same as it's always been since I joined here I get notification of in coming PM's etc icon_cheers so mine seems to be ok I hope.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i get those notifications too but didnt get the xmas one Dave??
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Petefree

Post by Petefree »

Isn't this an old thread? If the christmas emails were sent in Dec 2008 I probably did get one...but I've been to sleep since then :wink:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Petefree wrote:Isn't this an old thread? If the christmas emails were sent in Dec 2008 I probably did get one...but I've been to sleep since then :wink:
Well spotted Pete :lol:

Mixie, Aido has Pm'd you re the pop3 thing. Resolved mine now icon_thumright
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

oops
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Nick

Post by Nick »

Why oops, how were we to know it was 08 Christmas, how come it took so long for this to come to light :oops: :oops:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Nick wrote:Why oops, how were we to know it was 08 Christmas, how come it took so long for this to come to light :oops: :oops:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Nick, it has been sitting here in full public view since it was posted in 2008. I can't force people to read posts. :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright