Paddling pool water?

nick69

Paddling pool water?

Post by nick69 »

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if it's safe to use paddling pool water that's been treated with Kiddy Safe paddling pool treatment for watering your garden and plants? It's a chlorine free algicide and bacteriacide that is only effective in the pool for two weeks so not sure how safe to plants it is after that. So far I've been unable to find out any thing on the internet . It seems such a lot of water to waste when the garden is so dry at the moment.

Thanks Tara
mowerman

Re: Paddling pool water?

Post by mowerman »

To be on the safe side I would not use it except maybe on the lawn. I have found that some of my plants can be very susceptible to anything but pure rainwater. Much will depend on the plants you are watering.
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

I'd chuck it down the drain.Your going to look a tad silly if some expensive plants die for the sake of a few bob's worth of water.

metalhammer.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Does it have an active ingredient list :?: The fact that it says it is only effective for 2 weeks suggest it breaks down naturally. H2O2 is an antibacterial agent but breaks down to water and oxygen. If this product was to remain a hazard to the environment it would have been banned by the EU. I would try it on a small section of lawn to see the effect. :wink:

If something was going to be bad formy plants, I would not have let my kids anywhere near it :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

If something was going to be bad formy plants, I would not have let my kids anywhere near it
Thats a most important thought Dave..nice one!

icon_cheers
nick69

Post by nick69 »

Thanks for all your advice. Probably won't use it but I might try it on something insignificant just to see what happens . Like you say it cant be that harmfull or they wouldn't sell it for kids paddling pools.
Cheers
Tara
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

There are issues with so called 'grey water' usage.Bath water is fine unless you've been using anything other than soap in the water.If you've got a water softener fitted,never use any water for watering the garden,the softening agent is salt!!!.

metalhammer.
vivi

Post by vivi »

At the end of the summer I empty our pool water onto the garden where my cordylines are and they are 15 to 20ft,never had any ill effects so far.I wait till the chlorine levels are low though!