Musa basjoo/sikkimensis

Rug13y League

Musa basjoo/sikkimensis

Post by Rug13y League »

Hi there

I am looking for a small pup of either one or both of these if somebody can help me please as I am not in the UK?

Thanks

Re: Musa basjoo/sikkimensis

Post by Guest »

Rug13y League wrote:Hi there

I am looking for a small pup of either one or both of these if somebody can help me please as I am not in the UK?

Thanks
Hi Rugby,

what part of the globe are you in? It may make a difference to whether plants can be shipped.

I have a small seed grown (one only, out of 10 seed) sikkimensis in a 2" 5cm tube. It is 9 months old, but they are quite slow from seed.

It is the wrong time of year for basjoo, as mine are all grown outside. It would have to be May before pups can be removed, and they tend to be largish for posting.

come back to me on it.

best regards
dave
Rug13y League

Re: Musa basjoo/sikkimensis

Post by Rug13y League »

Anonymous wrote:
Rug13y League wrote:Hi there

Thanks
Hi Rugby,

what part of the globe are you in? It may make a difference to whether plants can be shipped.

I have a small seed grown (one only, out of 10 seed) sikkimensis in a 2" 5cm tube. It is 9 months old, but they are quite slow from seed.

It is the wrong time of year for basjoo, as mine are all grown outside. It would have to be May before pups can be removed, and they tend to be largish for posting.

come back to me on it.

best regards
dave
Hi Dave

Im downunder. These plants arent available here for some reason.

Post by Guest »

I'm surprised, I thought Basjoo and sikkimensis were fairly universal. Wouldn't have thought they would be classified as a weed. I can see if I can get a small sucker of basjoo when they come up, but will be a while yet. I have seen both sikkimensis and basjoo seed for sale, would it be wortk trying some while waiting for suckers?

Best regards
Dave