who has the biggest treefern

becky

Re: who has the biggest treefern

Post by becky »

were very lucky mo it never damaged anything in the garden or its fronds
so i wasn't to bothered but we staked it now, it was quite deep and was solid before the rain, but when we put it back in the ground it was like a mud pie :lol: i couldn't firm it around it as it was squelching around my wellies :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

becky wrote: but when we put it back in the ground it was like a mud pie :lol: i couldn't firm it around it as it was squelching around my wellies :lol:
That doesn't sound good Becky. Is you drainage generally ok :?: It might be worth considering digging out the hole, seeing what is going on, and replanting.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by themes »

Your very lucky in a way, that could have fallen on bails or lacey or knocked some sense into Greg. He might have even tidied the house for you. Leave his xbox outside next to the tree fern when its raining :shock:

My gran has a empty garden just lawn and one tree stump big garden just one tree stump it looks empty. Anyway, she was in the garden and the tree stump decided for no reason to fall on her :shock: She had to go to hospital. it was a hot summers day not windy no reason whatsover...crash :shock:

The boggy soil is not going to bother the tree fern one iota, however theirs a chance it might fall again. Aswell as stakes I put rocks on all sides to support them too, rocks don't wash away like mud when it rains. I remember the soil being very sandy in the front garden. My answer is get some rocks..it works for alot of my garden problems
boybeck

Post by boybeck »

I think I may have just picked up a bargain Dicksonia antarctica from my local garden centre.

It has just over a metre of trunk and was in the sale section for £44. When I asked them why they said it was because it had a wonky trunk, but to be honest I like that because it gives it character. I also felt sorry for it and will be nurturing it back to full glory hahaha
mouse

Post by mouse »

boybeck wrote:I think I may have just picked up a bargain Dicksonia antarctica from my local garden centre.

It has just over a metre of trunk and was in the sale section for £44. When I asked them why they said it was because it had a wonky trunk, but to be honest I like that because it gives it character. I also felt sorry for it and will be nurturing it back to full glory hahaha
that was a good price icon_thumright
and I'm like you anything that's a bit out of the ordinary i go for it icon_cheers
the wonkier the better lol