C Humilis is there a cure for this yet?

nicebutdim

C Humilis is there a cure for this yet?

Post by nicebutdim »

I have a number of these and some are developing the legendary brown spots, some I have had 20 years and only recently developed these distinguishing marks. I have had two that were leafed to the ground(not sure if that's gramatical) but now I have had to remove some 30 leaves giving that pineapple appearance.These older palms have been divided over the years and their offspring(numbering 7 have remained free of this affliction.Is there any up to date info on this ? I have read that it's virual...being code for ,, I have no idea what caused it! to frost damage.
cai williams

Re: C Humilis is there a cure for this yet?

Post by cai williams »

have you got any pics?
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Hi NBD, this was mentioned last year on here, tried with the link but I can't get it to work, but it's on page 2 of this sub-forum under Black Spot on Chamaerops, near the bottom of the page.

There might be something in there that helps.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
mixiepalms

Post by mixiepalms »

nicebutdim wrote:I have a number of these and some are developing the legendary brown spots, some I have had 20 years and only recently developed these distinguishing marks. I have had two that were leafed to the ground(not sure if that's gramatical) but now I have had to remove some 30 leaves giving that pineapple appearance.These older palms have been divided over the years and their offspring(numbering 7 have remained free of this affliction.Is there any up to date info on this ? I have read that it's virual...being code for ,, I have no idea what caused it! to frost damage.
sounds like to me a nitrogen deficiency, also yes cold damage, damp cold dry and the cycle goes on, its all about drainage.