Bamboo Rhizomes under £10 delivered

Post by fieldfest »

just ordered these- might be of interest to peeps here:

http://www.ecrater.co.uk/search.php?cid ... oo+rhizome

i bought the 4x 6" ones
jonny

Re: Bamboo Rhizomes under £10 delivered

Post by jonny »

My god !! I had a truck load of this stuff last year after i dug it up out of some old dears garden for her. Could of made a few quid on ebay :lol: The only frustrasting thing about Nigra is that it does take quite a long time from a very small plant or rhizome to reach a decent size.
JungleNuts

Post by JungleNuts »

I second that .... whilst keeping our bamboos under control we have taken ton's of the rhizomes to the local council recycle centre ..... damn ! :)
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

damn you :lol:

i must admit i read the ad wrong- i thought the items were 6"x5" when i re-read after buying i see theyre 6"x0.5" so not too happy with myself...

how long would it take these roots to grow into a noticable size? icon_study
jonny

Post by jonny »

Probably about 5 to 6 years from such a small piece of rhizome and to get some decent size culms. After that growth rate will start to pick up. I think that you would be better off spending twenty quid more and getting something abit more established although you maybe happy to wait .
JungleNuts

Post by JungleNuts »

If it's any consolation, given the growth we have experienced over the last couple of years ..... come the end of this summer, you are welcome to come round (armed with sharp spade) and hack a section of our bamboo's .... :D
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

am a bit annoyed i didnt read the listing properly, would rather buy a £40 8' tall one one from local centre. maybe i'll ebay them for a profit...
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

bit of luck- they decided they cant ship to the UK so refunded my order icon_cheers

now- someone said they throw away bamboo runners!!! :shock: fling some in my direction next time!!

icon_salut
jonny

Post by jonny »

Fieldfest, if you are ever on the mainland you can pop over and i am sure that i could find you a few bits and bobs for free icon_thumleft I am about half hour from the Portsmouth ferry.
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

jonny wrote:Fieldfest, if you are ever on the mainland you can pop over and i am sure that i could find you a few bits and bobs for free icon_thumleft I am about half hour from the Portsmouth ferry.
thats very kind of you, thanks