Dypsis decaryi and Wodyetia bifurcata help

themes

Re: Dypsis decaryi and Wodyetia bifurcata help

Post by themes »

bev wrote:i take it that's an ice cream freezer under neath?
if so i'll have a strawberry mivvy and a cornetto please :D

lee
this is the serious forum behave. :lol: :lol:

say something about the growth :roll:
bev

Post by bev »

:lol: sorry mate, i just saw that freezer and thought of ice lolly's, could eat one now, it's your fault if i have to go out and get one lol.

on a serious note, looking back at your october pic, it has grown well icon_thumright

lee
cai williams

Post by cai williams »

DiCasS wrote:I've looked at this site lots of times and they do have some interesting seedlings there, but have never got round to ordering from them. I must remedy that next Spring as there are a couple of palms I would like to try. What's your growth been like on your Wodyetia, is it slow like mine.

Di
if you are going to buy them then watch out as when they get too tall for the house you cannot plant it outside. The herefordshire climate is too cold for that. You and i should both know that as we both live there.

Themes, well done on your dyp dec by the way
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Well I wish it would hurry up Cai, :lol: I've had them now for three or four years and must be the sloooowest palms I've ever tried. I get one leaf a year if I'm lucky :?
The one, I actually have had half a leaf :lol:

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
Puremagick3

Post by Puremagick3 »

Hey. How's ur palms going now. Over here wodyetia is native and grows extremely fast. Cos we have the heat. Whats urs doing now. Share some updated pics.
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Hi Puremagick, welcome to HT. well not much to report really :lol: It's still slow, not grown much, but am going to depot the one and put it into fresh medium see if that makes any difference. Thought I'd alter the mix slightly, I'll be putting some coir in, try anything. It's never been in the garden, it's a conservatory plant. Anybody got any tips on getting this lovely palm to grow would be great, I'm getting fed up of looking at a plant that never alters, even my camera's gone off it and refuses to take a picture :lol:

Di
Supporter of the N.A.S.
Puremagick3

Post by Puremagick3 »

This climate table might help because this is the closest weather station to there native area. http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/ ... 8008.shtml cos if u can match this as close as possible then that would be good if not then as close to should be fine. But they do love a lot of light to.
Puremagick3

Post by Puremagick3 »

How is ur foxy going?
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Sorry Puremagick just seen your posts :oops:

Thanks for the link, some useful info on there. Still no difference, no real growth. I reckon I'm okay with the temperature as I keep them as conservatory plants here, Wintertime we keep it warm too. I repot in Spring, the roots look fine, and have started this year to try sm3 seaweed extract, so will see if there is any difference using this. I've also upped my watering regime.
What I would give to be able to grow these little beauties with ease as you do over there, but I suppose I've gotta be grateful they're at least still alive :lol:

Di
Supporter of the N.A.S.