Del's Garden Blog: Summer 9-8-13

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Delboy

Re: My Garden Project

Post by Delboy »

Thanks everyone :D

I still have a long way to go but i think the hardest parts are done. Its only been about 3 weeks since i got started properly but i've been working 9 till 5 on every day off, my work patterns are quite handy as i get a fair few days off.

I have left a small space at the bottom of the garden for a 6x6 greenhouse, just somewhere to stick a few things over winter. Would love something bigger but don't think space will allow.

I still have some leveling to do for a lawn, one more border to sort, level the old patio better and then tart up that area with pots.
Plus i have lots more plants i'd like to buy money permiting.
dino

Post by dino »

Nice one Del. I moved into a new house last May too but have been too busy decorating so far. Now the weather's improving and the days are longer I'm in the garden planting all my potted stuff. I know you're not far from Vales but are you coming to Akamba for the first meet of the year?
Simba

Post by Simba »

Blimey...doesn't that look a 1000% better.... icon_thumleft
dino

Post by dino »

Simba wrote:Blimey...doesn't that look a 1000% better.... icon_thumleft
Simba, while you're on, which black paint did you use on your fencing?
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

@ Dino,
I've not been to vales altho evesham is pretty close to me so will have to venture over sometime.
Akabama again is pretty close, don't think i can make the meet but would love to take a ride out there sometime soon.

I've spent so much the past month i've got to slow down a bit.
I want some bigger plants too, so i had better get saving.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Simba wrote:Blimey...doesn't that look a 1000% better.... icon_thumleft
Cheers mate icon_thumleft
dino

Post by dino »

Delboy wrote:@ Dino,
I've not been to vales altho evesham is pretty close to me so will have to venture over sometime.
Akabama again is pretty close, don't think i can make the meet but would love to take a ride out there sometime soon.

I've spent so much the past month i've got to slow down a bit.
I want some bigger plants too, so i had better get saving.
Vales and Akamba are both worth going to for bigger plants.
We're spoilt for choice really.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

you wouldnt think they were the same gardens icon_thumright icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

Great job! icon_cheers
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Thought i'd add a little update.

I still have plenty of plants to buy but right now all my spare cash is going into decorating. The bottom of the garden has come on leaps and bounds since the last pic that was taken at the end of march.

The planting is coming along ok, altho some plants would be better suited to a cottage garden they were too good to throw away (dug them up from the front garden that became a lawn) and they do look pretty when in flower.

My only gripe is everything i planted has come out with pink flowers lol. My wife loves it......grrrr

I really want a nice clump of bamboo, but they are a little pricey for me right now.

I put down the grass seed on the top part of the garden that was just soil. That has grown well, however the soil i used has sprouted lots of weeds since so im going to be busy weeding.

Anyways, pics taken 20 mins ago....
P5277344 (Small).JPG
P5277355 (Small).JPG
P5277360 (Small).JPG
P5277360 (Small).JPG (50.57 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
Attachments
P5277348 (Small).JPG
P5277348 (Small).JPG (60.78 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
P5277348 (Small).JPG
P5277348 (Small).JPG (60.78 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Dont know why the bottom pic is showing up twice as i only uploaded it the once....oh well.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Big improvement Del, it's looking great!

What's the spikey thing in the last pic? Is it a yound Cordyline or a grass?
Bob

Post by Bob »

That's a great transformation Del, I'm liking your pergola linked raised planters and nice deep borders. icon_thumright
Nigel Fear

Post by Nigel Fear »

That treefern looks great there Delboy, but I hope you don;t mind me saying that if that's a Phormium next to it in the ground, Id advise you to move it elsewhere, it could soon overwhelm the fern in a year or two.
The Cordylines looking nice and lush as well, looks like it will grow well there.
I like the yellow leaved Choiysa in the background too, wonderful scent when in flower. :D
kata

Post by kata »

Beautiful Del,

The raised beds are awesome, your wife must be over the moon with your achivements.

Is that not one of those Austrialis plants Google, or a Spider plant?

icon_cheers