LANGAURD SALE

jonny

LANGAURD SALE

Post by jonny »

Just a quick note just to tell anyone interested that Languards will be having a sale next weekend. I know that a couple of you were interested to know.
Adrian

Re: LANGAURD SALE

Post by Adrian »

Jon, is that the place opposite you ?
jonny

Post by jonny »

Thats right Adrian, well worth a look in icon_thumright usually lots of bargain price Tree ferns and other bits and bobs. Nothing rare or unusual but lots of dirt cheap plants!! Dicksonias usually sell for fifty quid for a decent 5-6 ft trunck.They normally have plenty of palms kicking around too.
nige pook

Post by nige pook »

Hi jonny,if you don't mind me asking,whereabouts is that and I'm assuming it's a garden centre? icon_scratch Probably worth a look as I'm only in chandlers ford near southampton. Thanks,Nige
jonny

Post by jonny »

Hi nige, its in bosham just outside Chichester. Its a wholesale suppliers who grow for a few of the big chains. They usually have a couple of sales to the public each year were they get rid of excess stock which didnt quite make the grade.
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

Thanks for the heads up Jonny. Is this going to be Sunday only? Like last year or Saturday too.
jonny

Post by jonny »

I will check tommorow morning on my way to work Ash and get back to you icon_thumleft
jonny

Post by jonny »

One things for sure , we wont be selling too many plants when its on, just plenty of compost :lol:
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

The sale is this Sunday 10am - 4pm.
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

Just got back. Very manic/busy. Got a few smaller plants to fill some gaps in the garden and got 3 tree ferns. 2 are 3.5 ft tall and one is 5 ft tall, £50 each. All growing and roots coming out the bottom of the pot.

Bumped into Adrian. Apologies for the rushed chat, had to get back as relatives were due.
Attachments
DSC_6456__.jpg
DSC_6454__jpg.jpg
Simba

Post by Simba »

Blimey, nice haul of Dicksonia antarctica there Ash.... icon_thumleft
Junglejames

Post by Junglejames »

They look beautiful and a bargain too - I'll have to go to the next sale - how often are they?
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

They had one September time last year.

Not many palms this time, mainly small trachys and Phoenix canariensis_CIDP's. It's was better for palm in the September sale. But plenty of tree ferns this time and last. The sale is on till 4 today.
dino

Post by dino »

fantastic looking Dicksonia antarctica's. Well done icon_thumleft
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

That was plain mental, JC (who I introduced you to Ash) said it was going to be an experience and it was certainly that :lol:

I had a good trolley full,
Bottle brush, Bougainvillea, Kumquat, Lemon, a couple of Cordyline dazzlers, Wisteria, 9 Bromeliads and bedding plants.

Thats for the tip off Jonny icon_thumright

Next time I'll know where to head for first rather than getting stuck at the start.