Chelsea coverage exotic plants

Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Chelsea coverage exotic plants

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Just watched some of the Chelsea coverage and surprised by how many tropical plants are used in the outdoor gardens. The usual are present; Tree ferns, Bird of Paradise cacti etc. But also lots of different Australian plants, tree aloes etc.

Fantastic.
kata

Re: Chelsea coverage exotic plants

Post by kata »

I did a Chelsea yeaterday Kris,

In off topics as it was Chelsea Flower Show

:lol:
huporhaha

Post by huporhaha »

We were supposed to be going but it didn't work out in the end - and to add insult to injury, we've had no power until now so I've missed the TV coverage. Thank goodness for iplayers!
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

I pressed the record series button on the Sky box last night.

It looks like I have missed the first 4 episodes, but the BBC will be broadcasting 15 episodes from there so still plenty of (hopefully) decent footage to watch.
Petefree

Post by Petefree »

I usually go to Chelsea but not this year - decided I'd just watch the telly coverage (to be honest you see more on the telly than if you go there in person - although it's sometimes nice to be there).
It's medals day today and it was nice to see Bleddyn & Sue from Crug Farm who are exhibiting at Chelsea for the first time, not only got a gold medal but also the President's Award for the best display in the Pavillion.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

All episodes so far are available on iPlayer.

The Leeds Council garden is superb this year but what were the Aussies thinking? All those exotics and they do what looks like an English garden.

Diarmid Gavin, love him or hate him, has pulled off a showstopper IMO.
Lexic

Post by Lexic »

Hi the TOURISM MALAYSIA Garden is one to watch for. You can download a plant list here:http://www.amphibiandesigns.com/#/chels ... 4539136012
Bob

Post by Bob »

Petefree wrote:I usually go to Chelsea but not this year - decided I'd just watch the telly coverage (to be honest you see more on the telly than if you go there in person - although it's sometimes nice to be there).
It's medals day today and it was nice to see Bleddyn & Sue from Crug Farm who are exhibiting at Chelsea for the first time, not only got a gold medal but also the President's Award for the best display in the Pavillion.
I watched tonights show as I thought they may show Crug's display, two awards an all. Was it shown? or did I blink and miss it? They certainly spent enough time fawning over Diarmuid Gavin's joke of a garden. (imo of course)
jonny

Post by jonny »

I will be there on Saturday on the Hillier stand and will try and see as much as i can which is sometimes difficult :roll: I usually volunteer my services on the saturday as this is the day of the sell off, i wonder if crug will be selling anything off cheap? I dought it very much!! Would rather be at Hampton court any day!
dino

Post by dino »

Definitely the Monaco garden for me
MonkeyDavid

Post by MonkeyDavid »

Press the red button on Friday, They have an exotic/international themed day (including the Tourism Malaysia Garden-must watch icon_thumright )
lee-ann

Post by lee-ann »

MonkeyDavid wrote:Press the red button on Friday, They have an exotic/international themed day (including the Tourism Malaysia Garden-must watch icon_thumright )
Thank god for that was getting pretty bored ....they tease you with glimpses of the exotics then bypass and end up on a tulip stand .....pretty though they are :roll:
dino

Post by dino »

I bet that's because they don't know enough to talk about them.
MonkeyDavid

Post by MonkeyDavid »

dino wrote:I bet that's because they don't know enough to talk about them.
Probably more truth in that statement than you realise :roll:
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

MonkeyDavid wrote:
dino wrote:I bet that's because they don't know enough to talk about them.
Probably more truth in that statement than you realise :roll:
Agree, It would be great if someone at the BBC/Gardeners World championed exotic plants. After all, several years back when the public voted on what type of garden should be created for Gardeners World, Tropical won.