My Garden

lucienc

My Garden

Post by lucienc »

Seeing we have a few new members, I thought you might like to see my garden.

I mainly post my pics on Facebook these days. Feel free to add me, so you can get updates.

Early Sept : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... =627466255

End of Sept : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... =627466255

Lucien
Mark

Post by Mark »

Lucien it looks good . I must get my self a Scheffy.
There was one tucked away at PGP behind the shed but it was not for sale
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

I remember Kev trying to pull it up, I don't have one.
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

If NickPGP reads this Kev didn't really try to pull it up ! He acted for a photo :)
Mark

Post by Mark »

I have now got to go back thru all those pictures to tell you it is the plant in photo number so and so.

The one at PGP was in a pot behind the sales shed
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Its the Tetrapanax thats hanging like a scheffy.
Nice garden Lucienc, good pics.
Mark

Post by Mark »

:oops: :oops: :oops: yes :oops: :oops: :oops:
I was viewing most of them without enlarging them.

You need a slide show icon
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

Mark wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: yes :oops: :oops: :oops:
I was viewing most of them without enlarging them.

You need a slide show icon
Tell that to Facebook !

The T-Rex is a Kev special, spent too long in a pot (3 years) so offered to me @ a bargain price @ the Akamba meet :D
EandE

Post by EandE »

Kev was trying to pull up the manihot (if Nick is reading he really did!!! :D ), the schefflera was too close to the shed to run away with!

I checked out your pics the other day Lucien and they look great, I like the fact you have a polytunnel instead of a car port! Priorities!
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

EandE wrote:Kev was trying to pull up the manihot (if Nick is reading he really did!!! :D ), the schefflera was too close to the shed to run away with!

I checked out your pics the other day Lucien and they look great, I like the fact you have a polytunnel instead of a car port! Priorities!
We don't need a car port down here... maybe 15 times a year I have to press the heated rear screen button on the car to remove the "frost" hehe.

My plants are worth so much more (sentimental value).
Libby

Post by Libby »

Absolutely amazing Lucienc.
Do you have a favourite part of the garden?
A favourite plant?
Is the T-rex still in a pot?
All those pots and all that watering?
Do you hate packing them all away for winter?

If ever I'm down your way can I visit? and if I do visit do I have to sit in the chair in the conservatory next to the vicious looking cactus, if so I wont come???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

I don't really water the pots much. Once or twice a week at most. I have a water butt right in the middle of the garden for such things. The T-Rex is in a raised border (deck boards on sides), all my raised borders are on irrigation.

It doesn't take too long to pack it all away, it took longer this year as the poly tunnel had been down when I had the drive done. Most of the palms will be staying out all winter, unless it gets really cold.

The garden looks much bigger in photos than it really is. I've just sectioned it into greenhouse & patio, deck, jungle, covered walk.

I've also realised why the T-Rex was mistaken, it is looking very droopy in that photo, if it gets too dry it ends up looking like that, a watering can over it soon sorts it out.

My mother has just emailed these two pics she took on her mobile on Sunday :

Anyone is always welcome to visit, may I suggest Saturdays as then you can also take in Total Eden over Budleigh Salterton (and part with your money on more plants).

Lucien
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Wow Lucien, :shock: Your Maurelii is a monster now. Mine got frosted yesterday morning. Leaves were frozen solid and that was under the pergola with reed roof. :roll:

Will put together a couple of posts on the frost when I get all software reloaded. :wink:

I'm off to see the Southsea CIDPs in about an hour so will not be online much today. 8)
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by lucienc »

Dave Brown wrote:Wow Lucien, :shock: Your Maurelii is a monster now. Mine got frosted yesterday morning. Leaves were frozen solid and that was under the pergola with reed roof. :roll:
Yep Dave, he's still growing, since I last posted about him he's sent out another full leaf! I have my fingers crossed that the local rumours are true and that these are hardy in Exmouth. I've not actually seen any personally, as they're mostly in the big posh houses. Mine is in the most sheltered part of my garden directly next to the conservatory, so should get lots of heat from there. I hadn't realised before the difference in temp/frosts across the country. Even just up in Exeter they've been getting frosts when we haven't. Maybe I've just been lucky so far this year. You can all laugh when I post the picture of Mush 'Maurelli' in the spring :)
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

The garden's looking good Lucien! Wish we had a front garden as good as yours :mrgreen:

Thanks also for giving us an idea on the polytunnel, is that collapsible? If so then it's just perfect for our bottom garden patio during winter.