Mums (Cycad pupping)

The Codfather

Re: Mums (Cycad pupping)

Post by The Codfather »

I always stand up for you.............and you know it.

and we don't care about people.......
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
kata

Post by kata »

Ah!! Fanks coddy!!

Second...we do, we all care about each other here coddy.

Gotta see to my new Trachi now, its just this second got here...it looks a good size by the packaging.wheeeeeeeeeee

icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Kata what happened to all your exotics?

Seems your getting into it again, and stocking up icon_cheers icon_sunny

Thanks for the flush advise - I'm going to have to go to Ikea and purchase one of these now icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

What have I got you wanna spend money on Cordy?

If it a Trachicarpus then that was alsways on the wanted list, this is such a different plant than the B&Q some years ago that finally died in march.

Nothing anyone says can annoy me today, I am so happy with this purchase, thanks yet again to RedS for the link to Michaels' site. He took my order on monday, the payment yesterday and its was delivered a half hour ago.

Well packed does'nt come close.

Oh my I will drool for days. I wanted it 800x 600 but 800 was 1300 in height..shame.
trach1.JPG
Oh my God..welcome youngster.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Nice Palm....send me the link :D
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

kata wrote:What have I got you wanna spend money on Cordy?

If it a Trachicarpus then that was alsways on the wanted list, this is such a different plant than the B&Q some years ago that finally died in march.

Nothing anyone says can annoy me today, I am so happy with this purchase, thanks yet again to RedS for the link to Michaels' site. He took my order on monday, the payment yesterday and its was delivered a half hour ago.

Well packed does'nt come close.

Oh my I will drool for days. I wanted it 800x 600 but 800 was 1300 in height..shame.
trach1.JPG
Oh my God..welcome youngster.
Someone has been shopping at mikes place :lol: nice buy kata! keep it potted now though i would anyway, it won't have time to establish properly before winter comes this year now.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

It will have plenty of time to settle in before winter, it's only July 1st! Get it in the ground Kata icon_thumleft
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Choice is yours kata. just my opinion anyway. it will be a lot cooler in 3 months time if not snow. in my opinion 3 months is not a long time for a palm to settle. A banana plant yeah but palms need a lot longer.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Trachycarpus are much hardier than bananas & it will be more protected in the ground than if left in a pot... I would still plant it out even if it was October...
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Nice one Kata, for what it's worth..........get it planted if you can. If there's a house move on the horizon tho, leave it potted. icon_thumleft
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

most plants in pots....mine and other peples snuffed it last year.
AKA - Martin

Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Lovely Trachi Kata, so pleased for you, I know you have been looking forward to getting a replacement. Does if feel like christmas and your birthday today? :lol: .

Trudy
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Yeah they are loads hardier Nathan i totally agree, I just reckon if potted you have a better chance of getting it through the winter at this time of the year, as you can put it under shelter if the temps get too bad, if planted you cant. It is just what i would do that's all. I am sure Kata will do what ever she wants to do with it and i wish her the best with it. It is a nice palm and want it to do well for her as like trudy sats she has been wanting one for a while to replace her other one that died. But then you and others do have more experience than me. So may be i should shut up :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

kata wrote:What have I got you wanna spend money on Cordy?

I think you misunderstood :)

I was asking did you used to have a load of exotics which all died? and now your starting to stock your borders up again? icon_cheers
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

No....she has a few its and bobs but is waiting on a house move so she is holding back before lashing the cash.
AKA - Martin