my northwest garden

Libby

Re: my northwest garden

Post by Libby »

at first I thought the dark leaved plant was a heuchera (sp?) but its not. Is it a dahlia if so which one please?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Great garden Rob icon_thumright

I particularly like the shorter round leaved plants, and think some of my planting needs to be reviewed.

Have you got the Xanthosoma violaceum in a pot? If not, the leaf stems seem longer than on my plants.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by bobbyd44 »

the dark leaved plant is a ligularia, the bright yellow flowers will be out soon..

dave the Xanthosoma violaceum was from stapley £5 for both clumps so has been grown in doors i wiil have to stake them to stay up probably.. but for that price whey hey..
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

Looking good Rob, I did consider buying those Xanthosoma myself, but was overloaded in the end.

What time did you get the stapeley?
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

about 1.45 darrren... some nice plantstill in there prob take daft money for some of the palms.. wanted some of the arundo but looked hard to get out.. will go back before it closes i think..
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

bobbyd44 wrote:about 1.45 darrren... some nice plantstill in there prob take daft money for some of the palms.. wanted some of the arundo but looked hard to get out.. will go back before it closes i think..
I was there between 10 and 12, its hard to get me out of there when it was open, its even worse now we can buy any of it.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Great garden!

Well done :)

I like the contrast in the colours of the leaves as well.
Dave in Warrington

Post by Dave in Warrington »

bobbyd44 wrote:cheers.... still need more booo's i think planted 5 this year so should fill out more..
Great Garden ... not been the best year weather wise in the North West but you deserve credit for your efforts, working against the elements icon_thumleft
JungleNuts

Post by JungleNuts »

Looks great .... love the dense planted borders with real fantastic use of leaf shape and contrasting colours ..... nice job matey icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Maxine

Post by Maxine »

Hello,
Your garden looks really lovely and in particular your bamboo is the best I have seen. Wow! It looks quite tropical and superb to sit in.

Maxine
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

big cheers all as i have been disapointed this year with growth but allways good to gauge other peoples views, i must be too impatiant..