3 years and....

jezza

3 years and....

Post by jezza »

I found a photo that i took of my back garden before i did anything to it. I hadn't even cut the grass! So i have just taken a photo from the exact same spot.

April 2008....
before1.jpg
July 2011....
before2.JPG
Last edited by jezza on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbyd44

Re: 3 years and....

Post by bobbyd44 »

great transformation!! icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Are you a Timelord Jez?

I wish I could get from 98 to now in 3 years, I'd look much younger!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

I’m impressed as well, its a great transformation and if you say its 2001, I’ll go along with you too! :roll:
jezza

Post by jezza »

whoops my boo boo, meant 2008. I've edited it now :oops:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

wow...............I hope mine looks different in 3 years.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Wow, I actually thought you really did mean 98 and the title should have read 13 years.

That's a fantastic turnaround in just 3 years, everything looks incredibly well established.

icon_thumright
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Much better!

That parasol cover in the first shot is bogging :P
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

love the parasol base.... :lol: icon_thumleft
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
jezza

Post by jezza »

Saved me a few quid, spare pot, some soil and two bricks, job done :lol:

The parasol top was given to us by the mother in law and was removed shortly after that picture was taken. The blue one has been there since.
Dim

Post by Dim »

well done! .... huge difference!... all money spent is an investment and will increase the value of your home

there's still a bit of space on the patio to install and build a proper wood burning Pizza oven and brick built BBQ
jezza

Post by jezza »

Cheers for the comments guys icon_thumright

I've deliberately left space on the patio as i have 50 people turning up here for a party in september. oh yeah bring it on icon_DJ
kata

Post by kata »

I knew it would be great before I looked, and it is.

I do admire a good gardener.

Well done Jez!!

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Jo A P

Post by Jo A P »

What a difference in such a short space of time! It looks great. Must say I prefer the blue umbrella as well!
jezza

Post by jezza »

I have recycled alot and also got quite alot from freecycle. There used to be a brick wall between me and my neighbour, it was knocked down and i reused the bricks to make that small wall on the edge of the patio. While i was digging out the beds, an email came through offering topsoil, so off i went and put half a ton in the back of a vauxhall astra estate (that car was scrapped soon after lol). That picket fence at the lower end of the garden in pic 1 was reused and is now at the top of my front garden. The gate now sits in the arch in the middle of the back garden. Nothing goes to waste here and it's how i keep costs down.