Coddy's Blog - Some pics as promised....first ever video

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Coddy's Blogg - Some pics as promised....

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Top quality. Proper professional job there Coddy.

Can't wait to see the back when thats filled out too. icon_salut icon_salut
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

:oops: Thanks all......but for me there are more impressive established tropical garden on here that I would rather have........my problem is where to plant plants.....is that makes sense.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

The Codfather wrote::oops: ........my problem is where to plant plants......
I can help you there..............my house :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

.my problem is where to plant plants.....is that makes sense.
Then you have my problem Coddy. I am thinking I may stay here so I have a long stretch of lawn to my left, a short lawn by the winder, and the back lawn.

I just need to sort it like you need to.

Decide what your theme will be...take your time.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

One day Coddy you too will have an "impressive established tropical garden" :D . Making an instant impact in a smaller garden is quite easy, however a bigger garden with lawn and beds to fill will take time. A garden is like a fine wine, it improves as it matures :lol:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Its not finished.......but here is what I am working on in the back.......

AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Congrats, that's truly excellent. Slightly dodgy pointy on the paving bricks, but everything else looks like Tommy Walsh could have done it. Looks really, really good. Your walls are really well done. If you lose your IT job you could be a landscape gardener. :)

IMO, well designed & built hard landscaping is the most important thing to do in a garden. Then from there you plant your back bone shrubs / trees / palms then finish with the smaller stuff.

May I just ask if those pergola cross beams were from a kit or did you cut them yourself? The reason I ask is because when I did mine I bought planks which were 5m long and they were all warped. Anyway, your pergola is much , much better than mine! I'll have to improve mine now I've seen yours and been inspired! I think the trellis work is a great idea.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Very nice Coddy, job well done icon_thumleft , your pergola is crying out for a lovely grape vine and some exotic climbers. Hopefully next summer when it is roasting outside you'll be able to find some shade under it :D
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

icon_thumright I know I have to point in the front of the block paving.......but I have to raise the lawn.

Everything including the trellis was made........

If the top does start to move I will but a cross beam in to straighten it back up.

Like I said it ain't finished........
AKA - Martin

neil22

Post by neil22 »

That looks awsome Coddy icon_thumleft , I'm a big fan of random stone work especially in tropical gardens, I think it really shows off the plants.
Spot on mate !
Will look brilliant with a few palms scattered around it icon_thumleft
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

All hand made, eh? Inspiring stuff! I was gonna mention raising the lawn to just over the height of the edging bricks, but thought I would sound fussy. Does make it easier to mow though.

I have the same issue with my lawn, as I flattened the garden to get a lawn in, there are certain bits which have settled, and those parts of the lawn are now up to an inch lower than the paving bricks. Will have to slowly raise it up over time with scatterings of top soil and sand, not so thick to smother the grass though, so bit by bit, allowing the grass to grow through, until it's the correct height.

I also need to sort out some of my pointing. I did some of my lawn edging in the night (seriously), with up to a foot of hardcore/ cement underneath to get it level, and the pointing on those bits could be better.

Anyway..... Good work Coddy, nice gecko you have there! icon_cheers
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

A cracking job there matey icon_thumleft

It all sits very nicely. As trudy says, a nice climber will look A1 .

Triffic job icon_salut

ps where's the cerifera tho :lol:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when I added the pics this morning, I new you would pick me up on it........tbh, I have loads of stuff in pots....I am just going to have to chuck them in the garage for winter.......I am now needing to construct my temp mini plant room within my garage around the garage window.......but polystrene sheets\polycarb sheets are bl@@dy expensive.....
AKA - Martin

Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Coddy could you fling some clear plastic over your construction and make a weather tight area for the winter, it would still be cold but would offer some protection :D
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Yeh, thought of that but the garage is warmer.......and just open the garage door\windoe as much as possible to allow airflow.
AKA - Martin