Musella lasiocarpa var. Rubribracteata

GREVILLE

Musella lasiocarpa var. Rubribracteata

Post by GREVILLE »

Look out for this new Musella. As the name implies, its bracts are red as opposed to yellow.

Can't get link but pictures on GOTE.

Bit of a wow plant. Looking forward to more info on this icon_thumright
Mr List

Re: Musella lasiocarpa var. Rubribracteata

Post by Mr List »

always good news for more potentially hardy new plants icon_thumleft
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

That's a stunning plant :mrgreen:
Just gotta hope it doesn't take too to get in to cultivation and hit these shores
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

notice how the best varieties are always slower to prop/sucker/spread ?
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I wouldn't have thought this would grow any different to the normal yellow flowered form tbh
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

It’s a lovely plant for sure… I’m also intrigued because coming from Sichuan the homeland of basjoo that may also imply it’s a hardier form of Musella!!

http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.3417/2010125

Tony
nige pook

Post by nige pook »

I must say it does sound pretty attractive,anyone got any pics yet? Hope it's as hardy as basjoo. My musella came back after a minus 10 in an unheated polycarb greenhouse last winter- very impressed! Nige
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Nige, the link on Palmer's post to this thread show some pics of both types. Imagine the effect of getting both to bloom at the same time icon_thumleft
nige pook

Post by nige pook »

Thanks Greville,seen them now thanks,I'm so blind :lol: :lol: didn't see the small pic at the bottom that you can enlarge :roll: Nige
gekko1966

Post by gekko1966 »

I'm working on it here in Thailand. We should get it in a reasonable time.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

gekko1966 wrote:I'm working on it here in Thailand. We should get it in a reasonable time.
That's like telling a starving man what he's about to eat.

Does this mean that the market will be flooded with red Musellas at bargain prices, like... tomorrow? :mrgreen:
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

I would love to get one as they do look really good in flower but can not see them becoming freely available for a while, saying that I have only ever had one of my potted clumps of the ordinary yellow form flower once two years ago.
gekko1966

Post by gekko1966 »

Well this is Asia and the first lesson you learn here is "tomorrow is also a good day and after tomorrow there will be another tomorrow" :-)

Very difficult to work with, especially for a super organized European I am but i get used to it.

It will be here, my target is mid to end 2013. I will not flood the market with it and price will be of course higher in the beginning, but I'm thinking of putting it into TC. (tissue culture) . I think it should be available for most people for a reasonable price.

Most recent info will be on facebook on my page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/490690340968237/

thanks
Peter from Bangkok
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

Sounds promising Peter I will keep your facebook page bookmarked as I would like to add one to my collection when they become available.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

awesome,i have a pot ready for one already icon_thumleft