Our October continues to be mild.. however

kata

Re: Our October continues to be mild.. however

Post by kata »

I understand where your coming from San,

But...there can be no winter without a spring, and it was intended that there can be no spring without a winter.

Nature works in a cycle but yes warmth is love San.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Oh i am not saying i don't think there will be a winter, there certainly will without doubt, we are already in the process of winter, it is just so far a nice and mild one and one i hope will last a till at least end of november that would be great or mid november even that will be just as good. That would mean a more warmer weather and nearly a month of less cold, unless we suffer for it and have a not so good spring?
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

All this talk of winter! The met office define winter as December, January and February!

A lot of scientists define winter as starting on December 21st.

Therefore we have at least a month of Autumn yet! Lets not make this winter last for 4 months :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mark

More warmth San, less heating, more cash to spash.... :lol: :lol:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Darlo Mark wrote:All this talk of winter! The met office define winter as December, January and February!

A lot of scientists define winter as starting on December 21st.

Therefore we have at least a month of Autumn yet! Lets not make this winter last for 4 months :lol:
Really? so what was last november then autumn :lol: :lol: :lol: a bit harsh weather for autumn :lol:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

kata wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Mark

More warmth San, less heating, more cash to spash.... :lol: :lol:
Totally agree with that kata. icon_salut icon_salut
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

You can't argue that November is an autumn month! Last year was a 1 in a 100 year event.
We can get snow in April but it's still a spring month!

It's not winter yet!
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

No i'm not arguing that november is not a autumn month :roll: i know its an autumn month. but lets just say winter decided to say hello in november last year and can not say last november was an autumn month and fare enough it was a 1 in 100 year event. But either way autumn month or not i would rather have a mild winter than a colder winter like we have been having. It may just may make up for the shockingly rubbish summer we have had.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

If we do get another severe winter month this year it will be something completely new, unchartered territory, at having 4 winters in a row come in below average, it has never happened before, at least not since records have been taken.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

A hard winter would also be contravene the clearly expressed 70% democratic vote for a mild winter.

:mrgreen:
Adrian Brattle

Post by Adrian Brattle »

stephenprudence wrote:If we do get another severe winter month this year it will be something completely new, unchartered territory, at having 4 winters in a row come in below average, it has never happened before, at least not since records have been taken.
unfortunately, the randomness of the computer models over the past 48 hours is starting to show a more consistent deepening decline in the Index of the NAO.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

It's showing a continuation of mild weather as well
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

A freak 'cold' night last night had ended my chances of a location record warm October.

By my calculations on the rolling average I needed a minimum of 10.6C last night, and a maximum of 15.4C today and a maximum of also 15.4-15.5C tomorrow, and a minimum of 12.5C (or two nights of 11.18C)

Now that's not possible unless we get a maximum of 17C today, and 13C overnight, coupled with 15C and a min of 10C tomorrow night.. which looks very unlikely.

It was close though!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

stephenprudence wrote:If we do get another severe winter month this year it will be something completely new, unchartered territory, at having 4 winters in a row come in below average, it has never happened before, at least not since records have been taken.
The next month needs to be mild , if it is and at the end of the month there is a mild outlook then the winter should be mild as a whole, or at least the pattern of the last winters will be broken and its a more normal winter.
The first week of november still looks mild and unsettled. Weeks 3 and 4 and start of december is the critical time.
kata

Post by kata »

Highest is 16C Wednesday daytime

Lowest is 9C monday and tuesday night

Keep it coming :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: