Where do you buy your exotics from?.

karl66

Where do you buy your exotics from?.

Post by karl66 »

I have used several differrent suppliers over the last couple of years, both in person & mail order. akamba , Hyde cottage palms, Amulree exotics, Cypress nurseries, Singleltons nurseries, plus many DiY centres. My latest find is Vale Exotics the other side of eversham. Dont know if any on here have been, they have some fantastic specimens & i wish i'd discovered them before as the prices are great. Wish i had some more space to plant out. karl.
redsquirrel

Re: Where do you buy your exotics from?.

Post by redsquirrel »

did you go round the back to cgf,they dont have the big palms etc but do have 100s of different exotic or exclusive plants you wont find most places icon_thumright
literally 2 mins round the corner via a couple of lanes from vales.(which was the previous mulu site icon_thumleft )
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
dino

Post by dino »

Yes Vales is well worth a visit although last time I went the stock looked a bit run down. I suppose it goes in peaks and troughs throughout the year.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

I'm a newbie to this, so have limited experience; I bought a car-load of plants from Amulree and some more from Urban Jungle (some interesting things in the Urban Jungle Blog too). Urban Jungle have a small "show garden" which was interesting, and a pond / garden inside one of their greenhouses, so some entertainment for the family. We visited both of those and Will Giles (Blog link) garden in Norwich (only open on Sundays I think) as they are within 30 minutes of each other.

I have also ordered from Jungle Seeds and Jungle_Plants. Packaging from Jungle Seeds was nicely presented and added to the joy when opening :) and the plants arrived safely packaged in tight-fitting boxes.
Delivery Box from Jungle Seeds
Delivery Box from Jungle Seeds
Vagetarian

Post by Vagetarian »

I think most of my plants are grown from seed I got on eBay! :D

The rest of them were reduced or on sale at DIY centres, Amulree and Urban Jungle.

But then, I'm a newbie at having a garden in general! :lol:

(And clearly a cheapskate :oops:)

I agree about Jungle Seeds Kristen, I had an order from them this summer and I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I was like a child at Christmas.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

redsquirrel wrote:did you go round the back to cgf,they dont have the big palms etc but do have 100s of different exotic or exclusive plants you wont find most places icon_thumright
literally 2 mins round the corner via a couple of lanes from vales.(which was the previous mulu site icon_thumleft )
Red, i only went to vale. I will go next time i'm around there, got to admit it is a bit of a fend for yourself place but martin was very helpful. He has some really good size brahea amarta at £120, also some really big pots of chamerops humilis.Its not your fancy garden centre but i dont mind that. He also had a good selection of monkey puzzles. karl.