Trachycarpus still growing.

karl66

Trachycarpus still growing.

Post by karl66 »

I'm really suprised at the continued growth of my various palms. My 4 bigger waggys & fortunei are really going strong even at this late stage? is this normal . karl.
Adam D

Re: Trachycarpus still growing.

Post by Adam D »

Yes, as long as it remains mild they will continue to grow.

Before the last two winters I can remember seeing a little bit of movement even in mid-winter :)
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I dont think fortunei ever stops growing here.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

My Brahea has pushed out a new 14" spear in the last 2 weeks and it's indoors.

:shock:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Mine are also still going, its superb weather for them, and I'm really glad I planted my bigger waggies into the ground, which must be nice and warm and moist after the last two months up here icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Tom2006 wrote:Mine are also still going, its superb weather for them, and I'm really glad I planted my bigger waggies into the ground, which must be nice and warm and moist after the last two months up here icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Warm and moist, sounds like ideal conditions for fungal infections, let alone palms :lol:
jezza

Post by jezza »

Mine have slowed down since that bit of frost we had recently but are still growing.
Ste

Post by Ste »

Trudytropics wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:Mine are also still going, its superb weather for them, and I'm really glad I planted my bigger waggies into the ground, which must be nice and warm and moist after the last two months up here icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Warm and moist, sounds like ideal conditions for fungal infections, let alone palms :lol:
warm and moist sounds good to me :wink: :lol: :lol: