Small takil palm.

karl66

Small takil palm.

Post by karl66 »

Does anyone have any small Takil palms they wish to sell? 1 will do!. karl.
GoggleboxUK

Re: Small takil palm.

Post by GoggleboxUK »

The only place you'll get one ios from James at Europalms. He has genuine seedlings.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

GoggleboxUK wrote:The only place you'll get one ios from James at Europalms. He has genuine seedlings.
I think it is more of James has known genuine seedlings, but genuine seed was available, so others may have the genuine article, but agree that most commercial outlets are selling Naini-Tal as Takil, even when they know it is not correct. Canarius changed their listing after a member on here told them it was Naini-Tal rather than true Takil.

I have a different perspective on palms now, similar to Adrian. They all get big eventually, and Takil is huge. My T. fortunei cast so much shade, and Takil would cast more. I end up a ladder in autumn cutting lower leaves to allow the winter sun to go under them.

Nice palm, but I would not unleash one in the ground here. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Adrian »

Dave Im going to photograph all my mature Trachys and put them on the EPS for IDing, it will be quite interesting to hear what they say, each is different in some way or other, some a lot different to others.

Even as a mod on the EPS I cant read the takil thread, it bored me 6 months ago and its still going, it just doesnt interest me any more, in fact if I had a takil seedling Id probably tread on it and chuck it away :lol:
I have to look in sometimes as its not been the friendliest of threads at times but each time I look in it seems to be talking the same thing over and over.
(dont take offence Nige or others who keep it going :wink: )

Of course a lot of people love that thread and the size of it proves that but for me Im all Trachycarpus'd out, there is no more room for more and the difference as far as I can see is so minimal its not worth bothering with.

Like you said Dave, I'll be looking at chopping them down before planting any more big growing Trachys :lol:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

you must never chop that one outside your lounge by the fence,its a beauty icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Adrian wrote:(dont take offence Nige or others who keep it going :wink: )

Of course a lot of people love that thread and the size of it proves that but for me Im all Trachycarpus'd out, there is no more room for more and the difference as far as I can see is so minimal its not worth bothering with.

:
Time to stop I think Ade, I have now been informed I will be sued.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Its not worth it Nige, just try to out do him in business
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Adrian wrote:Its not worth it Nige, just try to out do him in business
I just try and keep things truthful.