HTUK Application

Ste

HTUK Application

Post by Ste »

Dont know if this is possible or not but it wold be great if there could be a HTUK app made, for things such as the ipad, iphone or any other mobile device that can download apps. We can all go on the internet on our phones and get on the forum easy enough but it would be so much better, quicker, easier if it was via an app. Alert tones would go off on our phone if we recieved a message or when someone comments on a post, atleast the technical staff will know what im on about even if no one else does lol.
flounder

Re: HTUK Application

Post by flounder »

Know what you mean Ste, really is a pain having to click TWO buttons!! :lol:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

:lol:
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Ste you mean you have room on your iPhone for something other than girls numbers :roll: :lol:
Last edited by Trudytropics on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jezza

Post by jezza »

i wish he'd pass those numbers on to me :lol:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

I thought you were a kept man !
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
jezza

Post by jezza »

And..... :lol:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: is she read that comment I am sure you would end up with icon_blackeye
AKA - Martin

jezza

Post by jezza »

Then lets not let her read that comment :wink: :lol: :lol:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Ste that is pure lazy :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Don't even go there Ste,

You'll have Aido losing his hair. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think maybe we pushed it getting video.

icon_cheers
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

There is an app that does this already but needs a php plugin set up on the forum to support it. The app is not free though, it costs £1.99. It would enable you to access any php forum set up with the plugin, not just here.

If there is significant demand he may look into doing the plugin. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

How do they work these app things?

I use QVC shopping and they talk of 'tapping the app'. What do we have to buy to tap it........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

The app is called 'tapatalk', but as Dave says Aido will have a few changes to make.

I use this for some other forums i visit.
This one is for Android https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... vity&hl=en I presume they do it for blackberry and the iphone too.
Ste

Post by Ste »

Ive heard of that app before, says it works with hundreds of forums and about 50 forums each day are added.
I dont mean for this in a lazy way, its just a lot better having an app rather than using the browser on the phone. So many more features and easy to use. Get notifications if someone comments on a post rather than having to do it manually on the browser.
People who like to keep up to date with technology like me will know what i mean :lol:
Boys and our toys.