Useing fortunei trunks for storage?.

karl66

Useing fortunei trunks for storage?.

Post by karl66 »

The last couple of wks i have found what looks like acorns or nuts, which have not just fell but been tucked into layers of hair just below the spear point. Anyone else found similar. karl.
Nigel

Re: Useing fortunei trunks for storage?.

Post by Nigel »

karl66 wrote:The last couple of wks i have found what looks like acorns or nuts, which have not just fell but been tucked into layers of hair just below the spear point. Anyone else found similar. karl.
wow you found a squirrels secret winter cache.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Nigel wrote:
karl66 wrote:The last couple of wks i have found what looks like acorns or nuts, which have not just fell but been tucked into layers of hair just below the spear point. Anyone else found similar. karl.
wow you found a squirrels secret winter cache.
Nige, do you reckon squirrel's rather than some kind of bird?.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Found exactly the same in my cordylines Karl, went to move them a couple of weeks ago and noticed between the leaves where they meet the trunk a collection of acorns tucked in. I have not noticed any oak trees near me, so whatever has brought them to my garden has been determined. I think most likely birds in my case, but could be squirrels :D
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Could be birds? but i would suggest squirrels if anything, those pesky grey ones, the red squirrels (not the member :lol: ) are hard to see these days.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I bet he drinks Carling Black Label

:lol:
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

You are most likely right Aaron, although I have not seen any squirrels in my garden, Woody see's off anything that moves :lol: The squirrels going to be mighty disappointed when he re-visits my garden then, acorns went in the bin :lol:

Brilliant clip Goggle as always, got me thinking he was like the milk tray man, all because the squirrels loves acorns :lol:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I have seen 1 grey squirrel in my garden this year, and the first time i have ever seen one in my garden also. it ran straight towards the conifers and then that was it gone. Not seen one since.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

last year i had walnuts popping up everywhere,and the year before.
this year its been hazels. had a walnut start in the crown of a Dicksonia antarctica.they are clever,often find little holes dug in the garden with empty walnut shells scattered nearby
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
karl66

Post by karl66 »

redsquirrel wrote:last year i had walnuts popping up everywhere,and the year before.
this year its been hazels. had a walnut start in the crown of a Dicksonia antarctica.they are clever,often find little holes dug in the garden with empty walnut shells scattered nearby
Red, have you been on a secret mission to inspect my garden, & left your lunch behind :lol: . karl.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i wish :P
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Trudytropics wrote:Found exactly the same in my cordylines Karl, went to move them a couple of weeks ago and noticed between the leaves where they meet the trunk a collection of acorns tucked in. I have not noticed any oak trees near me, so whatever has brought them to my garden has been determined. I think most likely birds in my case, but could be squirrels :D
Are you sure they are Acorns Trudy ! My local snail population use my Cordys as there Hotel
Leigh
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Leigh wrote:
Trudytropics wrote:Found exactly the same in my cordylines Karl, went to move them a couple of weeks ago and noticed between the leaves where they meet the trunk a collection of acorns tucked in. I have not noticed any oak trees near me, so whatever has brought them to my garden has been determined. I think most likely birds in my case, but could be squirrels :D
Are you sure they are Acorns Trudy ! My local snail population use my Cordys as there Hotel
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes definitely acorns Leigh, like you i also have a healthy snail population :evil: , but I can tell the difference between the two. just wish the birds would eat a few more of the snails and slugs :lol:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

Trudy,you need a miners lamp,pair of marigolds and a darned good catapult
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

redsquirrel wrote:Trudy,you need a miners lamp,pair of marigolds and a darned good catapult
I would love to lob the snails over the fence Reds, we have neighbours living over the back who I don't like, I'm sure I read somewhere once that snails can travel great distances (seems unlikely at their pace :lol: ) I'm worried the slimy littler blitters would just slither back into my garden to spite me :lol: