Freeze Last Another Month :O

davidjonesUK

Freeze Last Another Month :O

Post by davidjonesUK »

Heard on sky news that it still could continue for another month :shock:
sanatic1234

Re: Freeze Last Another Month :O

Post by sanatic1234 »

My partner mentioned this to me this morning when she was reading the newspaper and i said never believe a newspaper forecast. But a month is a long way off yet david, we could be back to normal temps in 2 weeks time? just no telling that far a head.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I seem to remember them saying the same about October, Novemberm December and January too.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

sanatic1234 wrote:we could be back to normal temps in 2 weeks time?
Here, temperatures are already virtually back to normal, light night frosts and 6° to 7° day maxima.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Nice one conifers icon_thumleft mine are not though, 3 out of the 5 nights forecasted so far this week are -2 or -3c and daytime high all week is 3c.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Absolute tosh, all over at the weekend.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Nigel wrote:Absolute tosh, all over at the weekend.

I hope so but is it wishful thinking?
Jon Boy

Post by Jon Boy »

San,

What temperatures would you class as "normal" for this time of year then??

I would say lows of -2/-3 and day time temps just above freezing is fairly typical for February and if that's the worse you get from now on you should be laughing................
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

The models are starting to hint that we should return to more seasonal temperatures so I am not worried too much at this stage, but you never say never.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Jon Boy wrote:San,

What temperatures would you class as "normal" for this time of year then??

I would say lows of -2/-3 and day time temps just above freezing is fairly typical for February and if that's the worse you get from now on you should be laughing................
Hopefully it will be Jon Boy as i have seen enough freezes for this winter far to many -5c's and a not so good -8c on a couple of occasions. Talks of being 5c in the days next week so that is better and lows no lower of 0c.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Really plummeting here now, I suspect at least -5C tonight. Ironic really because we haven't even got snow on the ground!
davidjonesUK

Post by davidjonesUK »

Temps look to be low over this week but after that for following week up to 9C-10C :) lets jus hope it does'nt change :D
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

From the Daily Wail:

And the Met Office warned today that -13C is possible between Tuesday and Thursday in East Anglia.

The coldest peak of this winter so far came on Saturday morning when South Newington, Oxfordshire, hit -12.4C. That stands as the coldest night since the December 2010 freeze which bottomed out at -21.3C in Altnaharra, in the Highlands of Scotland.

Her colleague Dan Williams added: 'This year's temperature is put into context by last winter's low of -23C, but this is still very cold.

'When you consider that that the average you would expect for this time of year would be around -1C, and we are looking at widespread -7C or -8C, then you can see how much colder it is than normal.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1le0jiWeF
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Mike, temps on the latest meto forecast predicting much much lower. icon_thumbdown
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

I just got back from East Midlands airport. I've been to collect my cousins who are here for 2 weeks holiday, from Latvia. They left behind minus 30 degrees C. Aren't we lucky, it's only minus 2 here right now. :D :D :D

Ness