Looking Forward

GoggleboxUK

Looking Forward

Post by GoggleboxUK »

A much healthier View for next week here:

If the trend of being around 4c warmer in my garden than forecast I'll have everything in bud by the end of next week.

Here's hoping we get an early and unusually warm spring in 2012.

:DD
stephenprudence

Re: Looking Forward

Post by stephenprudence »

indeed, I cant see anymore severe frosts from now on.. maybe the odd -2C or -3C, but nothing major... and breathe out.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

stephenprudence

:D :D :D icon_thumleft icon_cheers
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

phew, sweet
icon_thumleft
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

how about a sweepstake on the first spearpull?
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
stephenprudence

this is a positive thread.. no spear pulls.. none.. icon_cheers :wink:
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Very much doubt any spear pulls on the North Wales coast. icon_cheers
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

In may 10 we had -6c here. Destroyed all my new Dicksonia antarctica fronds so I would not rule out more low temps. Looking good everywhere all week though and I think any chance of deep cold has all but gone now.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

well Tom, i was only thinking last week that we had got off lightly here as the Dicksonia antarctica's were still green but today they are looking very brownish. still not as bad as last year tho when they appeared to fry overnight. the futures bright,the futures orange (well,dark orange,brown even) :lol:
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny Bring it on :mrgreen:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

stephenprudence wrote:indeed, I cant see anymore severe frosts from now on.. maybe the odd -2C or -3C, but nothing major... and breathe out.
Indeed logic and the charts currently say so, but the russian bear hasnt completely retreated and high pressure continues to form in places it shouldnt so the charts dont look completely reassuring for me ,although given the time of year the chance of killer cold reappearing diminishes each day that passes.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

redsquirrel wrote:well Tom, i was only thinking last week that we had got off lightly here as the Dicksonia antarctica's were still green but today they are looking very brownish. still not as bad as last year tho when they appeared to fry overnight. the futures bright,the futures orange (well,dark orange,brown even) :lol:
Some of the fronds on mine have browned even though they have been in a cool but heated poly house. I can't wait to see them send up the first flush, always a wonderful sight. icon_cheers
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

fingers crossed they will be early this year,i had knuckles developing in november/december,hope the fleece has saved them icon_thumleft
musnt forget we were blessed with that spell of non-killer weather up til new year icon_thumleft
Last edited by redsquirrel on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I be honest I don't want them too early as they are a real pain to protect from late frosts.