Alocasia Mayan Mask - Could be one of my favourites :)

Leigh

Re: Alocasia Mayan Mask - Could be one of my favourites :)

Post by Leigh »

Dave don't suppose you wanna flog me one of yours :DD
just thought i'd jump in and ask before Coddy does :D
Leigh
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Leigh wrote:Dave don't suppose you wanna flog me one of yours :DD
We'll have to see how the winter goes, I have 5 currently to test in different environments. They are all in the conservatory for now, which is heated to +6C and has humidity controlled. I want to try one in the, now heated, Covered area, which will be heated to about 5C but no humidity control, and if I can I'll test another in a frost free area. If the trials go well I may have a couple to sell in the shop in spring :wink:

I'll make a note that you have asked so you'll be at the top of the list icon_thumright No Guarantees though.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Thanks Leigh, yes everything had just had a watering, the collies aren't usually stood in water like that.

What's the advantage of rotating? When I brought the plants inside they went on the sill with the largest leaves facing the light and now the rest have turned towards it too. Wouldn't rotating make them even more leggy?
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Thanks Leigh, yes everything had just had a watering, the collies aren't usually stood in water like that.

What's the advantage of rotating? When I brought the plants inside they went on the sill with the largest leaves facing the light and now the rest have turned towards it too. Wouldn't rotating make them even more leggy?
Not found that myself, just makes for a more balanced plant, they shouldn't get any more leggy from turning you will just find that the whole stem will just lean back towards the light and the leaf just turn around
That window looks like it gets enough light icon_thumleft so you may find the next set of leaves are shorter anyway

My biggest Alo sit's in my North facing Bay window ( not the best place i know) over winter and the stalks are about 3ft long, i turn them about every 10 days or so and they do about a five foot relean every time their turned :shock:
Leigh
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Dave Brown wrote:
just thought I'd jump in and ask before Coddy does :D
We'll have to see how the winter goes, I have 5 currently to test in different environments. They are all in the conservatory for now, which is heated to +6C and has humidity controlled. I want to try one in the, now heated, Covered area, which will be heated to about 5C but no humidity control, and if I can I'll test another in a frost free area. If the trials go well I may have a couple to sell in the shop in spring :wink:

I'll make a note that you have asked so you'll be at the top of the list icon_thumright No Guarantees though.
Nice one Dave thanks mate icon_thumleft
I've noticed a few bit's in your post on here and elsewhere about selling ?. Have i missed a post you got me intrigued icon_study
Anything else i could put my name down for, or is all yet to be revealed !!! :lol:
Leigh
Scott Radford

Post by Scott Radford »

Leigh wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:

I've noticed a few bit's in your post on here and elsewhere about selling ?. Have i missed a post you got me intrigued icon_study
Anything else i could put my name down for, or is all yet to be revealed !!! :lol:

Any chance I could go in at number two dave - especially as I've gone through the rigours of a non broadband dial-up internet connection to post this :lol:

I would love to add this fabulous plant to my Alocasia collection icon_thumright
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Leigh wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:

Thanks Leigh, I'll give that a try.

The window faces south so is the best in the house along with 2 bedrooms which are covered in palm seedlings of all kinds.

;)
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Dave Brown wrote:

I will swap one for a small "Hercules" :wink:
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

The Codfather wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:

I will swap one for a small "Hercules" :wink:
Coddy I'll raise your Hercules with a Zeus a Poseidon an Aphrodite and a Spider man figure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I broke the forum rules,couldn't resist it (I'll be on the Naughty step Dave :( )
Leigh
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Leigh wrote:
The Codfather wrote: I will swap one for a small "Hercules" :wink:
Coddy I'll raise your Hercules with a Zeus a Poseidon an Aphrodite and a Spider man figure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I broke the forum rules,couldn't resist it (I'll be on the Naughty step Dave :( )
:lol: I'll be there with you, as an Aphrodite sounds quite good :ahhh!: :lol: :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Meet the A Mayan Maskettes icon_thumright
Attachments
2012-02-28 22-33-34 A Mayan Maskettes.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by flounder »

Dammit, they're looking good....not sure I'll have enough spare pocket money this spring to say dibs :(
flounder

Post by flounder »

er... provisional dibs?
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Wow, you've done well there Dave, separated and everything! I'll have to check to see if mine have pupped but I don't think they have.

;)
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Dave was that one that rotted at the centre and pupped like mad?