Frost possible tonight and through the weekend.

outatime1978

Re: Frost possible tonight and through the weekend.

Post by outatime1978 »

mine are all out to even the nana's,will just chuck a fleese bag over them if it drops to low :D
Dim

Post by Dim »

I've covered my T-Rex with a double layer of fleece earlier today ....

I only work at that garden again next thursday, and it's still small (it's as tall as a coke can and has 3 small leaves)
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Nothing new though really lets be honest. We are due them for at least another 6-8 weeks yet.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

sanatic1234 wrote:Nothing new though really lets be honest. We are due them for at least another 6-8 weeks yet.
Fingers in ears, la lala la I'm not listening

:lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

No forecast frost tonight. I'm not going to cover anything until the night before, it gets so warm (relatively) in the sun during the day.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
billdango

Post by billdango »

This could be a spell of cold wet weather lasting a few days with a biting north wind from Monday onwards.

Wet cold is the worst as after rain or wet snow the center spears of palms can freeze solid causing serius damage to the growing point.

I hope it dosen,t come to that but just be aware and get that protection ready.

billdango. icon_thumleft
jezza

Post by jezza »

Bbc forecast 6c for my area last night and it dropped to 0.7c with a frost. What i did uncover or bring out went back in last night.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Yep, back doen to 0.1 again last night with a light frost. :roll:
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Forgot to check the forecast last night ... metoffice have been steady on 4-6C / 5-6C for the last 4 days (of the 5 day forecast) ... it was 0.6C last night :(

Don't know why I ever bother to look at the 5-day forecast. I've been logging the values for several weeks (ever since they told me on 10-Feb I'd have -3.5C and we had -11C) to see how they change day-by-day over the 5 days, and then what the actual is.

Last night was the first time I forgot to check, and record, their figures :(
pdid

Post by pdid »

My overnight low was 8.2c. Are these cooler temp expected further South or the country as a whole?
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

it was 5C minimum last night here.

I suspect there will be another air frost here on sunday and monday night before the mild weather comes back!
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

jezza wrote:Bbc forecast 6c for my area last night and it dropped to 0.7c with a frost. What i did uncover or bring out went back in last night.
I wouldn`t trust a BBC forecast anymore than i`d trust a horoscope.( and that`s total bullpoo) Or a met office forecast for that matter. i`ve found now, for quite a while that, The stephenPrudence or Nigel forecasts are far more accurate. And failing that i stick my head outside, feel the temperature and look at the sky. Usually tells me all i need to know. Big thumbs up to Stephen and Nigel. They really know their Climatology and it`s helped me greatly to get my plants to survive. icon_thumleft . That`s been my personal experience this past few Winters.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Andy P wrote:Or a met office forecast for that matter
I've been recording the 5 day forecast for some time to see how much difference it is in practice.

I think within 2C would do me.

I've recorded for the last 23 days and the Day / Night temperatures (for the coming day/night, not one several days in advance) have been:

Outside 2C 39% / 35%
Outside 3C 26% / 13%
Outside 4C 22% / 9%
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I heard snow is forcast for the south east today.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Met Office forecast is min 4-6C tonight, so I can't see it settling for long ... but their forecast has been wrong before :>beard<: