Gogglebox's Garden Blog:Year Three

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Simba

Re: Gogglebox's Garden Blog: The Temple of Light

Post by Simba »

Thats just absolutely amazing Gogg....,I dunno what else to say, I am stunned.... :ahhh!:

I think we'll all want one now, I know I do...... :lol:
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Looks ace GB

Has Sparky put some fittings high up that you can plug some supplementary lights into for the Winter - or a fan / fan-heater high-up (rather than trailing wires from skirting-board level sockets)? Might be you are not planning any such.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Thanks all :DD

Kristen, I've had 2 x 5ft Daylight flourescents installed which should compensate for the 25% light that is blocked by the multiwall polycarb.

I have sockets at either end of the structure for heaters and the air ducting will have extractor fans fitted which I will then box in. In winter they will suck air from the top of the greenhouse and pump it through the heatsink then back up into the opposite corners creating (I hope) an even spread of heat and adequate airflow in a continual crcle through the whole structure as well as creating an underfloor heating effect that should help keep the pots slightly warmer than the thermostatically controlled temperature which will be monitored at about 5ft high.

;)
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Looks great mate, i bet your chuffed to bits with it.

Now rip up some of those block pavers and get a rustic path running down your garden lined by palms and boos :wink:

So when you coming round and building one for me, my lads would love it lol.
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

Goggle, thats pretty damn special. icon_thumleft
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

quite amazing how quickly it was built too.

icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

GoggleboxUK wrote:I have sockets at either end of the structure for heaters and the air ducting will have extractor fans fitted which I will then box in. In winter they will suck air from the top of the greenhouse and pump it through the heatsink then back up into the opposite corners
Sorry, I'd completely forgotten about that plan. As you were then !!
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Mr List wrote:quite amazing how quickly it was built too.

icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Slower than I expected though. I was hoping it would be totally finished by Easter weekend but the Polycarb delivery has let me down for that plan.

To be honest there wasn't that much work. The blockwork was probably the most time consuming along with the digging out. I was working 12 hour days on those bits but everything else was fairly easy, especially as I had all the necessary power tools.

Couldn't have done the columns without help from my mates though, those blocks were damn heavy!
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

wow i really can't believe thats in your garden :shock: :shock: :shock: Amazing workmanship!

Are the bricks on the right hand side intentional? I kind of like them, paint them gold, and it will look like a pile of gold bars, at the hidden ruined temple icon_thumleft

Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Wow you have created your own tourist attraction!

It looks amazing from every angle and well worth all the hard work.

Big pat on the back!

icon_salut icon_salut icon_salut icon_salut icon_salut icon_salut icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_cheers
Springy

Post by Springy »

Mr Goggle, you have done a fantastic job!! I have just gone back to page one of this blog and the transformation is incredible!
One day I'm going to sit for a few hours and go back through all the 78 pages, although it will probably be alot more by then!!!
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Thanks everyone :DD

Cordy, the blocks are the bits of paving that were originally under the arbour seat. I took them up and have used a few from the pile but have those left over.

I'll be adding to that pile soon too, my next job is creating a couple more ground level beds around the bamboo fence that I can plant into once the weather has warmed up again.

Gold ingots, hmmmmmm....

;)
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Thanks everyone :DD

Cordy, the blocks are the bits of paving that were originally under the arbour seat. I took them up and have used a few from the pile but have those left over.

I'll be adding to that pile soon too, my next job is creating a couple more ground level beds around the bamboo fence that I can plant into once the weather has warmed up again.

Gold ingots, hmmmmmm....

;)
do it, if only 10-12 you know it makes sense! drunken_smilie1
kata

Post by kata »

Absolutely amazing G,

Pat on the back for the Inspiration you have given to others since beginning the project.

icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

looks boombastic top job!!!