Gardeners beware?

billdango

Gardeners beware?

Post by billdango »

Just a short post to warn forum members of a possible cold snap at the end of this week?

The winds may go to the North then to the North East so frost and snow is just possible.

So watch out.

billdango. :( :( :( :(
Tom2006

Re: Gardeners beware?

Post by Tom2006 »

I think frosts are possible for most of the week, especially the further north you go. Snow is also likely on the higher ground but on the whole it will be April showers with warmer (relatively) spells in between the showers. Certainly no sign of April weather as we had last year. icon_thumbdown
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

:(
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Perhaps, but I don't think we have to worry. For sure frost hollows will get frost and the hilltops will get snow, and generally all-round, temperatures will be below average, but frost will be mainly light, and reserved for inland areas. Coastal areas, in general, although could still see a little ground frost, should not see air frost now.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Tom2006 wrote:Certainly no sign of April weather as we had last year. icon_thumbdown
Don't be greedy :lol: You had the last year's April weather in March this year :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Conifers »

Tom2006 wrote: Certainly no sign of April weather as we had last year. icon_thumbdown
Had it already, it was 2 weeks ago 8) :wink:

Forecast for Northumbs is sleet / snow on the higher parts of the Cheviots tonight, then showery for most of the week, but fewer showers later in the week than early on.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Dave Brown wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:Certainly no sign of April weather as we had last year. icon_thumbdown
Don't be greedy :lol: You had the last year's April weather in March this year :lol:
No it was nothing like April. Last April we had 20C+ over and over, 3 BBQs etc etc. March this year was nice, but sadly not on a par. :lol:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Its summer time apparently, shorts and flip flips weather...not today maybe but no frosts to worry about. I thinking of doing my baskets not fleecing things :(
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

stephenprudence wrote:Perhaps, but I don't think we have to worry. For sure frost hollows will get frost and the hilltops will get snow, and generally all-round, temperatures will be below average, but frost will be mainly light, and reserved for inland areas. Coastal areas, in general, although could still see a little ground frost, should not see air frost now.
It's snowing here in Edinburgh this morning...
kata

Post by kata »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Thanks for sharing such great news.......
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
kata

Post by kata »

Rained all day here, then sun, then rain,

Some will say thats Ideal weather.

:lol: :lol:
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

kata wrote:Rained all day here, then sun, then rain,

Some will say thats Ideal weather.
That's what you get in the tropics :lol:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Chance of a frost here tonight, usually when the wind is from the west, it blows here but tonight it is just dead calm which is fairly unusual. This I suspect could allow maybe an air frost, already down to 5.3C. May have to go outside and fire up the heater in the greenhouse. Nothing will go out until June this year, maybe after that if the risk of frost sustains.
andyb

Post by andyb »

stephenprudence wrote:Chance of a frost here tonight, usually when the wind is from the west, it blows here but tonight it is just dead calm which is fairly unusual. This I suspect could allow maybe an air frost, already down to 5.3C. May have to go outside and fire up the heater in the greenhouse. Nothing will go out until June this year, maybe after that if the risk of frost sustains.
Down to 5 c and may drop further, nipped out and chucked a fleece on a small washy and an ensete that came thru the winter in a pot on the patio