Gogglebox's Garden Blog:Year Three

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Trudytropics

Re: Gogglebox's Garden Blog: The Temple of Light

Post by Trudytropics »

Plastic :? , blutty cheek, now silk thats a different matter altogether. 10/10 for ingenuity Goggle, its a sexy looking space. Sometimes you have to take short cuts and compromises, in this instance imo it works icon_thumleft
grub

Post by grub »

The oldest polycarbonate was I believe discovered at Angkor Wat :DD
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

well thats this topic ruined for me now. goggs,how could you do that in public???

im never watching baywatch again :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

GoggleboxUK wrote::shock:

That's genuine antique polycarbonite from the 2nd century BC, Elvis told me.

:lol:
You got the wrong king Rick, must of been King Tut not Elvis, he told me
your getting your Memphis mixed up icon_rabbit
Leigh
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Leigh wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote::shock:

That's genuine antique polycarbonite from the 2nd century BC, Elvis told me.

You got the wrong king Rick, must of been King Tut not Elvis, he told me
your getting your Memphis mixed up icon_rabbit

Brilliant!
call

Post by call »

lookin alright :)
if it where me i would have gone for real plants tilansias, aechmea, a nice monstera climbing up against the wall maybe even dyckia or ochagavia or even both :D
i saw some tiny broms for cheap last time i looked at my local nursery so there's no point complaining about the price icon_thumright
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

It wasn't the price of the plants Call, it was the price of creating suitable environments to plant them into.

For example, a floor level planter big enough to house a 7ft tall Monstera (in time) would have needed to take up approx 50cm cubed of space in the heatsink.

That cube would have to be supported on thick treated wooden stilts driven another foot into the ground at the base of the gravel heatsink then drainage tubes attatched and taken outside the gravel area to stop waterlogging and clogging from overspill.

Then the airducting would need to be routed around it creating staggered joints with shorter runs in betweeen thus reducing the efficiency of the airflow and possibly needing a higher powered fan which in turn would be more costly to run and noisier.

This rerouted airducting would then have the entry and exit points directly in the footfall area, the area where the 'arris end of a plant pot will be sat all winter.

Get it? :lol:

And that's nothing compared to the difficulty of planting at the tops of the structure, particularly around the areas where the electrics are routed.
call

Post by call »

GoggleboxUK wrote:It wasn't the price of the plants Call, it was the price of creating suitable environments to plant them into.

For example, a floor level planter big enough to house a 7ft tall Monstera (in time) would have needed to take up approx 50cm cubed of space in the heatsink.

That cube would have to be supported on thick treated wooden stilts driven another foot into the ground at the base of the gravel heatsink then drainage tubes attatched and taken outside the gravel area to stop waterlogging and clogging from overspill.

Then the airducting would need to be routed around it creating staggered joints with shorter runs in betweeen thus reducing the efficiency of the airflow and possibly needing a higher powered fan which in turn would be more costly to run and noisier.

This rerouted airducting would then have the entry and exit points directly in the footfall area, the area where the 'arris end of a plant pot will be sat all winter.

Get it? :lol: .
no
i dont know what your on about so lets make this simple
plants outside 4 summer inside 4 winter simples :D
cant you just stand it in its pot climbing up its moss stickamobob in a nice corner where you can see it well :D
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

That would sort of detract from the idea of it being an old temple that has been reclaimed by nature.

"Ah, Doctor Livingstone I presume"

"No mate, I'm just the bloke who looks after the pot plants in the Valley of the Kings"

call

Post by call »

cant you hide the pots with something or make the pots look old
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

flounder

Post by flounder »

Give it six weeks and it'll be full of bikes and a clothes line :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

flounder wrote:Give it six weeks and it'll be full of bikes and a clothes line :lol:
Funny you should mention 6 Flounder

;)
flounder

Post by flounder »

I hate you :roll:
pdid

Post by pdid »

I was given the guided tour of the 'Temple of Light' today and can tell you it's better in real life than in the pictures!

Thanks for showing me around today and cheers for looking after my Circinalis, the Life size Lara Croft's we're awesome too.

Cheers fella!