James Young's Garden Blog - 19/06/2012 - UPDATE!!

Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: My Garden - 06/05/2012 - BIG UPDATE!!

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

icon_salut Absolute bargain palm and british grown! Did you get some roots on it and a nice rootball?

I know how heavy those beggers are so well done! icon_salut
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

looooooooooovely! that palm gives instant tropical feel!

are you going to be making more borders as and when you run out of space in the Trachycarpus plot?
Jamesyoung

Post by Jamesyoung »

yeah got a pretty good rootball and most of the roots coming off the rootball. Got rid of most of the soil though as thats what make the root ball heavy. Was hard work but well worth the effort! :DD
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Jamesyoung wrote:yeah got a pretty good rootball and most of the roots coming off the rootball. Got rid of most of the soil though as thats what make the root ball heavy. Was hard work but well worth the effort! :DD
might be worth getting some palmbooster off Nigel too. I got some for my recent transplant, and have been feeding every 2 weeks. at 2ml a dose, and 500ml bottle, it goes a long way to forming good roots.
Jamesyoung

Post by Jamesyoung »

Cordyman - I can see myself filling that area up very quickly when i get the patio area decked i want palms along the front of the decking so yes :D
Jamesyoung

Post by Jamesyoung »

Cordyman- palm booster sounds a good idea! where and who can I get it from? I dont know Nigel
lee1125

Post by lee1125 »

£70, Great bargain icon_moneyeyes

Garden is coming along too, well done :) Bet it wont be long though till some of that turf starts coming up for new plants lol
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

That is a QUALITY palm!!!!! icon_salut icon_salut icon_salut ...and the garden looks very good indeed!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Fantastic tree, very nice find icon_thumleft , turf looking good also, lots of room now for loads of other bargains
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Great Trachycarpus, looks superb in that spot.

Now all you have to do is make the rest of the garden live up to that standard, I look forward to seeing the next update.

;)
Simba

Post by Simba »

Excellent Trachycarpus - what a great start you've had.... icon_thumleft
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

WOW what a difference, no wonder your made up :) Gorgeous Trachycarpus, it makes your garden imo :mrgreen: and what a bargain. You have some great mates there, a pint or 3 is on the cards i think. Im looking forward to seeing more pics of what plants you are going to put in the border, a massive well done from me icon_thumleft
Jamesyoung

Post by Jamesyoung »

Thanks for all of the replys ill keep posting updates as the garden progress'

Deedee - you hit the nail on the head about the beers :D
daftbanana

Post by daftbanana »

Looking great! are you planning to plant out your other potted Trachycarpus's? they will do well and be better protected in the ground. I lost a potted Trachycarpus in 'THAT WINTER' but three I have planted out came through unscathed.