My £10 Cycas

andyb

My £10 Cycas

Post by andyb »

Stopped off in a small GC today, not noticed it before but i think the sign must have been renewed or made bigger, anyway having a mooch around not looking for anything particular then, tucked in a corner were about half a dozen cycas, no price on but when asked the assistant said £15 so i grabbed one then when i got to the till they said £9.98 :lol:

Is it a bargain or not icon_scratch
Attachments
Cycas 1.JPG
GREVILLE

Re: My £10 Cycas

Post by GREVILLE »

I assume you thought £15 was a bargain, so at £9-98 it had to be :D

Pity there wasn't a half marked price sticker on it as well - Would you have paid £7-50 or haggled for 4-99? :shock:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

looks alright to me Andy icon_thumright
if you havent seen a bigger,better one for a fiver anywhere near you,i guess you have a bargain
a gc near me wanted near that price for caudexes smaller than tennis balls
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
andyb

Post by andyb »

GREVILLE wrote:I assume you thought £15 was a bargain, so at £9-98 it had to be :D

Pity there wasn't a half marked price sticker on it as well - Would you have paid £7-50 or haggled for 4-99? :shock:
:lol: :lol: Well ive no idea how much they are (without googleing) but assumed £15 was cheap so yes well happy at a tenner, but your right 4.99 would be better :lol: :lol:
andyb

Post by andyb »

redsquirrel wrote:looks alright to me Andy icon_thumright
if you havent seen a bigger,better one for a fiver anywhere near you,i guess you have a bargain
a gc near me wanted near that price for caudexes smaller than tennis balls

Cheers reds umm whats a caudex, off to google icon_study
Bob

Post by Bob »

I've seen ones that size for around £25 near me, so I'd say a good buy. icon_thumright

I normally try and keep the empty wifebeaters out of shot.
:lol:
andyb

Post by andyb »

Bob wrote:I've seen ones that size for around £25 near me, so I'd say a good buy. icon_thumright

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: keen eyes, nothing better than a potter in the GH after work with a Stella....................only one mind you drunken_smilie1 drunken_smilie1
flounder

Post by flounder »

andyb wrote:
Bob wrote:I've seen ones that size for around £25 near me, so I'd say a good buy. icon_thumright

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: keen eyes, nothing better than a potter in the GH after work with a Stella....................only one mind you drunken_smilie1 drunken_smilie1
Well I couldn't figure out what was meant icon_scratch Its the empty alcohol bottles right?...I must be henpecked :roll:
kata

Post by kata »

Is it a bargain or not
Certainly is Andy...kerchink!

icon_cheers :mrgreen:
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

I have not seen any in the garden centres near me :( I have just brought one online for £15. Expected it to really small but was quite impressed with the size when it came.Would have loved to buy another one from them, but it took about a month to come when on website it said allow up to two weeks :evil: .You cannot call them, you have email them which takes them ages to reply, and when I decided to review them on the internet, there have been so many bad complaints about them I thought it was either not going to arrive or it would be a crappe plant. So am not going to risk getting another from there.But I do really want another one.
So can someone point me in the direction of where to get another one please? And do garden centres actually sell them?
gdudey

Post by gdudey »

dorothy wrote: So can someone point me in the direction of where to get another one please? And do garden centres actually sell them?
Try Ikea. They sometimes have them during them summer for about £16
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

I have looked on their website and whilst they have them in some stores, they have never had them in Nottingham :(
pdid

Post by pdid »

A few members have bought and been happy with cycas from this ebay supplier:

http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... 26&t=15758
andyb

Post by andyb »

flounder wrote:
andyb wrote:

Well I couldn't figure out what was meant icon_scratch Its the empty alcohol bottles right?...I must be henpecked :roll:
Yeah it took me a while to work out the wifebeater thing ( i'm not by the way :lol: )
call

Post by call »

bargin or whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat