Old Member Returns

photonbucket

Old Member Returns

Post by photonbucket »

I haven't looked around yet to see if some of the old faces a still learning and sharing on the forum. I just thought I'd drop in here first to reintroduce myself.

I am Tom and I live in Lowestoft, Suffolk. My garden is terrible in that it is clay all the way! Up until last week, I literally had newts swimming in the garden. A few sessions with a submersible pump later and the garden is now either a raised bed or mud.

After overwintering my echiums under a poly tunnel, I have finally managed to get them to flower. (They are in a raised bed full of gravel).

Finally a word about me and why I have been away for so long. 1) The business I run/ part own has grown hugely and became a bit of a monster. We are predicted 9m turnover this year! 2). I now have an amazing daughter who takes up my spare time 3) I have suffered on and off with depression and continue to do so. (if you met me, you wouldn't believe it; I hide it well

In the next month or so, I am moving to Somerleyton. I was looking for a big plot to work with, but after all the above we have settled for a lovely location and a manageable garden until we get the time to really look after it. In the meantime, I am hoping to build a hot house and will be asking lots of questions about that when I start the planning.

It will be nice to hear from you all again, Tom

PS- written on IPad so pls excuse typos
grub

Re: Old Member Returns

Post by grub »

Welcome back PB icon_cheers , where you been then Tom?
grub

Post by grub »

See! Being a dimwit I just saw your name and replied without reading :roll: , glad the business is still going from strength to strength you'll have to post a link again because you had some great priced stuff on there icon_thumright
photonbucket

Post by photonbucket »

Hey Grub,

Now that would be SPAMMING wouldn't it?

http://Www.buyaparcel.com

:-)

Just opened our first showroom in too. We did some very late nights, going home at 4am sometimes.

Anyhow, rather than scatter gunning various topics, I am really interested in;

1 - Any new/exciting plants that have been introduced to the UK
2 - Any advise on looking after a hot house. I was thinking humidity around 80% and temperate no lower than 15c
3 - what could I grow in a limited space with a 9 ft (planned) height. Not sure on size as it depends on cost and planning permission. In such a limited space, I am after a really special list of tender exotics.
4 - any forum news, marriages, divorces etc!

So let me know what you all think.
jawsum

Post by jawsum »

Hi photonbucket, I work at a Plumbing & Heating merchants and I can see on your website you have some very good prices, best of luck with everything icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

Hi Tom,

Welcome home. Sharing your depression with others is the road to recovery...get well soon.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Hi Tom!! Business sounds good but busy! Look forward to seeing your current/new garden. icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Tom, and welcome back icon_thumright

When I'm feeling backed into a corner, I al;ways watch this. Never fails to lift my spirits :D
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

hi PB,good to see you back. how about doing some rare orchids to chill out with icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure