new member from Meols, Wirral

Al

Re: new member from Meols, Wirral

Post by Al »

thanks guys!!!!

i have a list of what to put in, the raised border that is already planted has, among others, 5 fatsias in as well as cordys and phormiums. also, at the rear i have planted 3 laurel. along the fence, i have planted 2 clematis, a honeysuckle and a jasmine. just waiting for the whole lot to mature a bit.

the other borders will have fatsias, ensettes, musa's, bamboo's, t-rex, hydrangia's, crocosmia, pieris, hebe's, hosta's, canna's, hemerocallis, Phoenix canariensis_CIDP's, dicksonias as well as some bedding in the summer months for vibrant colour. the only drawback is cost, so i have to get bits as and when.
andyb

Post by andyb »

Welcome aboard Al, gardens coming along nicely, you should be well chuffed, the black on the fence will make it look even better
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Good going, Al icon_thumleft

The black fence is a great idea as a contrast to the white tone on the house but, for the benefit of your exotics, it will absorb and radiate the suns heat back onto your plants.
Al

Post by Al »

cheers guys!

i'm off next week, so hopefully will be able to start it, weather depending!! :shock:
Ginapspn

Post by Ginapspn »

Welcome Al ! :D
I too am new here and new to tropical gardening, I am also having my garden ripped out shortly, would like to see some pics of your work in progress and I will be posing mine

Gina icon_cheers

oops just realised i shouldve read all the posts 1st befor commenting lol

its looks fantastic,youve done well,
im having gardeners do the donkey work as paths, patio, an old pond, a rockery and lawn are coming out, works starts on the 18th but i have bought lots of plants , a wall fountain and a patio set very similar to yours which i got 1/2 price from Argos :D

Gina icon_cheers
call

Post by call »

welcome icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
nice rhuem
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Welcome Al, I'm in Heswall, I often visit Carr Farm Garden Centre so I know that area of Meols.

If there's anything I can help you with being local.. dont be afraid to ask me!
Al

Post by Al »

cheers Steven, will do!!

:)
photonbucket

Post by photonbucket »

50 posts already! :shock:

Welcome. Don't worry about the garden, we have big and small, experts and novices, talent and.....me.

Everything I touch dies, so I'm sure you will be fine. icon_thumleft