Greenhouse growing progress

en3rmax

Greenhouse growing progress

Post by en3rmax »

Hi there HT,

Just thought I’d make an updated post on how my plants and various other things are getting on in my greenhouse. The weather hasn't been fantastic but all plants seem to be doing really well.

As you can see i like growing chillies the different plants are, Bhut Jolokia, Paper Lantern Habanero, Red Habanero, Orange Habanero, Fatali, Birdseye, Little Elf, Scotch Bonnet and a hot type of Jalapeno. I also have quite a few types of tomatoes and some yellow peppers.

I have some banana plants and cordyline seeds just germinated, i'm also into orchids but i keep those in the house.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Greenhouse growing progress

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Very clean and tidy.
call

Post by call »

yeah unlike mine
Addictedtopalms26

Post by Addictedtopalms26 »

ITS TOOOO TIDYY!!! :lol:

I shall have to post a picture of mine tomorrow showing how 'they should' look like ;) lol

Looks like a nice greenhouse though!
flounder

Post by flounder »

Its like one of those in a show house :lol:
I can't get into mine at the mo, too much rubbish.....but I'm getting better :D
en3rmax

Post by en3rmax »

I do like to keep things tidy in there as it's a new greenhouse :-)
call

Post by call »

ha mine is packed around all sides with cacti and succulents under the benching there is plants for sale, young plants, tools and bulbs. a big gloriosa takes up some of the floor but it is better as i spent yesterday afternoon labelling all the plants for open gardens on saturday and sunday

nice greenhouse anyway and nice plants
photonbucket

Post by photonbucket »

I've planted borders in my greenhouse. I will post some pics later. It's a mess ATM.
Addictedtopalms26

I promised to post a pic, so here it is

As I ran out of room, I've moved a bench outside too!

Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

My small 6x8 was stuffed with exotics (now outside) and I couldn't get in!, now it's stuffed with tomatoes and I still can't get in!!, can't wait to get my 10x7 later in the year then I will actually be able to get in and turn round in it. :)
Ah!! but the bigger it is the more I'll stuff in it :?
Addictedtopalms26

I'd love to get a bigger one or even another 8 by 6 to extend mine lol

I think the thing with us gardeners is that we want to keep as many plants as we can, the only limiting fact is space! Which is even more of a problem with us tropic lovers as ours need to be kept warm
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

Apart from two Plumerias and a Vriesia at the back the rest is nearly all toms but I have to take plants out to get in and water.
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

I just end up filling any new space really quickly. My first greenhouse was an 8x6 which I was very proud of but soon filled and now serves as unheated overwintering space and tomatoes and cucumber growing in the summer. About a year later I needed more growing and propagating space so got a 10x12 which is heated in the winter and is for more tender plants and houses three heated propagating cabinets and a bought heated propagator. Both greenhouses are always full to bursting and I also have a glass walled 6x4 greenhouse added a couple of years ago and four large cold frames for overwintering plants, and growing melons and vegatables which are also now very full. No matter how much covered growing space you get you will soon find its not enough!
call

Post by call »

i have an alpine house it is perfect for keeping cacti and succulents because it is well ventilated to prevent rot!
well my nan wants to keep alpines and there is no room left but there might be some if my dad builds a greenhouse round mine :lol:

i also have a polytunnel that is temporally put up in the winter and taken down in the spring but last winter that was full as well but i might be getting another to go alongside it

i might as well be putting a big glass sheet over the whole garden :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D