Next week's weather

otorongo

Re: Next week's weather

Post by otorongo »

billdango wrote:If you want heat and sunshine head for eastern Europe because thats where its staying?
I don't, my plants do :lol:

My house gets insanely hot on warm, sunny days, anything above 24C outside is unbearable inside, but I know it's good for my plants, so I can sacrifice a little bit of comfort for their good ;)
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

2 down,three to go on nigels prediction icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
guster

Post by guster »

Hi, maybe you already know this but here's a nice and very useful website that you can see what the weather is and would be around Europe or elsewhere on the Globe:

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/dynamic/europe

The map is on SNOW by default but you can change it to see the temperatures and other things to the right and more detailed regional or global maps to the top on WEATHER MAPS.

And indeed, it's getting pretty HOT here in Southeastern Europe (Bulgaria) - today and tomorrow we're expecting some 35°C and then some 37°C on Friday!!! Luckily we have some thunderstorms and rain coming for the weekend... Hopefully... :)
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Still no settled weather forecast right through into July! icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

redsquirrel wrote:2 down,three to go on nigels prediction icon_thumright
Well Darren it was looking good, it will certainly be much better than it has been as I predicted from now onwards, much warmer , but sadly despite all the high pressure around the low pressure is stubbornly refusing to move on.
It looks like it will be warm, the wind will go, but we will have sun and warm rain,rather than glorious heat and sun.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Middle to late next week looks warm to very warm but very humid with still moisture around so likely some very intense showers. Good for our gardens!
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

Nigel wrote:
redsquirrel wrote:2 down,three to go on nigels prediction icon_thumright
Well Darren it was looking good, it will certainly be much better than it has been as I predicted from now onwards, much warmer , but sadly despite all the high pressure around the low pressure is stubbornly refusing to move on.
It looks like it will be warm, the wind will go, but we will have sun and warm rain,rather than glorious heat and sun.
dont you worry Nige,2 out of 5 was pretty cool,its been awful here today and yesterday,gusts throwing everything to the ground,even blowing seedlings over on the back doorstep in andersons
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
pdid

Post by pdid »

Things had better buck up, it`s been the most horrendous day I can remember up here today, blustery gales and non stop heavy heavy rain for the last 24 hours, oh and 12c. Half of the garden is under water :evil:
delboy12

Post by delboy12 »

Half my lawn is now a pond !!! to say this is summer is to say the germans wont win the footy !! worried now my Agave my start to rot.ohh to be back in Spain like last week,sorry will be in 5 weeks icon_cheers icon_sunny
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

So which week was supposed to be good... this one or the previous one? :cry: :lol:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

This one is supposed to be ``better``.
Its much easier forecasting cold than heat. Bad weather is much more reliable.
Maybe wishful thinking creeps in.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Warmer for most this week sadly as wet if not wetter for many. Good growing conditions though.
kata

Post by kata »

Did anyone expect rain today after the beautiful day yesterday?

I had a wash bedding day, put it out, nodded off and it had rained.

It was only a micro kip........ :lol: :lol:
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

kata wrote:Did anyone expect rain today after the beautiful day yesterday?
Local weather forecast this morning said the rain would arrive at 4 pm.

It started at 3.56 pm - pretty good forecasting!
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Almost completely clear skies and 25C already. BBC forecasts 28C today, I think there is a good chance it will go higher than that. The last two nights were 17C. Good growing conditions indeed :) I can literally see overnight growth on my plants every morning.